Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes signed him because he wanted him. We were challenging for Europe at the time, so a teenage centre half/right back wasn't exactly going to be put straight into the side. But clearly Moyes wanted him.
Well documented he took a chance based on the word of his head scout, he didn't get the chance to go watch him several times like he usually did with players

1-- If Moshiri hires a manager who is clearly not favoured by the fan base and fails then Moshiri will get the blame. Hence the story becoming about Moshiri. Conversely if he got Simeone then he would also become the story and be a fantastic chairman simply on the kudos gained from the hire.

Whichever way you look at it he's the story at the club now.

2-- I dont think that was your point though? Hes NOT had any influence at Arsenal. Hes also never been on the board there and neither have any one linked to him. Hence no impact on the running of the club.

Any sophisticated investor will know the investment they have made in terms of understanding and potential but that could be said about non-investors also.

Its clear hes had no say in Arsenal at all hence Usmanov and Moshiri writing open letters to the board and the "battle" with Kroenke.

Fair enough points. I understand what you say.

If ANY Manager fails then the spotlight turns to the Board for showing bad judgement. That has been a self-evident truth for a long, long, time.

And as I have said before, I don't believe Moshiri is walking into this club with his eyes shut, or with a total naievity about what needs to be done.

At the moment it is all about anticipation and expectation, and the desire to see those in charge get things right at all levels.

Well documented he took a chance based on the word of his head scout, he didn't get the chance to go watch him several times like he usually did with players

I've read the scouts version - he kind of bigs his role up a bit, but Moyes signed him and talked him up as a future centre half. In fact Moyes would have been miles better for the lads development than Roberto. He's been endulged too much to the detriment of his defending.

Well yes I get your point, but, people should really be focussing on the posts rather than the posters, if they did this, they wouldnt need to talk to people who havent posted.

Roberto Martinez sucks oranges through a straw.

Of course, but when a poster creates a reputation for themselves through their posts then people will discuss the poster or look to continue debates/discussions punctuated by different time zones or the real world. The majority of posters generally respect the moderators wishes (except mick obviously), but it would be easy to not be aware someone had been banned.

Of course, but when a poster creates a reputation for themselves through their posts then people will discuss the poster or look to continue debates/discussions punctuated by different time zones or the real world. The majority of posters generally respect the moderators wishes (except mick obviously), but it would be easy to not be aware someone had been banned.

Well to be fair Groucho didnt "punish" the people for bringing his name up, simply said hes banned dont talk about him.

Sorry for off topic moderation team.

I've read the scouts version - he kind of bigs his role up a bit, but Moyes signed him and talked him up as a future centre half. In fact Moyes would have been miles better for the lads development than Roberto. He's been endulged too much to the detriment of his defending.
Its well known around the media as well.

And come on, as if he'd have been given the chance that he has under roberto. He'd still be playing RB for the u21s.

Rodwell had loads of chances at a similar age.
As a DM.

Case in point, he took one of the most talked about youth centerhalfs and turned him into a nothing crab in DM.

He would never of trusted a ball playing cb, especially after a mistake, john wouldnt of been seen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back