Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a DM.

Case in point, he took one of the most talked about youth centerhalfs and turned him into a nothing crab in DM.

He would never of trusted a ball playing cb, especially after a mistake, john wouldnt of been seen again

Rodwell was never a Prem centre half in a million years. As has been proven since.

Hopefully the next manager won't be subject to the same ridiculously unrealistic expectations that Martinez has. Imagine having a squad only containing the likes of Barkley, Lukaku, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Baines, Jagielka, Coleman, Stones and Lennon and being expected to not finish in the bottom half 2 seasons in a row. As well as having a net spend of 47.7m over 3 years. Brutal.

Imagine if his team were not phenominal

The protest in the car park against Martinez wasn't nice.I don't approve of such behaviour.But i guess people have to be told face to face about the facts when the club hierarchy are trying to blank out protests in the ground by playing the music loud.Again i am not approving of such behaviour but people are being provoked because the club treated those protesting fans in the ground with contempt.Everton supporters have a right to express the opinion that Roberto Martinez is not fit to manage this club and Everton supporters have a right to express the opinion that hoping to just scrape into the top 10 (our minimun standard with the players we have is a Europa League spot) for the past 2 seasons is not good enough.Everton supporters are entitled to express these opinions without being called thugs bullies and scumbags.

anyone with half a brain can see it's only the independent journos saying he could stay. They haven't fully made a name for themselves yet, so need something to try and give them some reputation.

Its well known around the media as well.

And come on, as if he'd have been given the chance that he has under roberto. He'd still be playing RB for the u21s.
That's right because moyes never brought through any young players from the academy except hibbert, osman, rooney, vaughan, anichebe, barkley, he also actually bought Stones and unlike Bobby he didnt tend to have the luxury of spending money on players and not using them. As others have said Moyes would have been much better for Stones' development than Martinez because Stones already knew how to play when he arrived but what he lacked was defensive nous and obviously bobby is not the man to help you there.
Moyes was hardly reckless in his promotion of young players and I found that frustrating. However I find it hilarious that people just like the clueless media pick up on the memes that bobby creates about young players when the reality is that after 3 years in charge not one youth team player has come through the system to play or even just sit on the bench regularly in the first team squad.

That's right because moyes never brought through any young players from the academy except hibbert, osman, rooney, vaughan, anichebe, barkley, he also actually bought Stones and unlike Bobby he didnt tend to have the luxury of spending money on players and not using them. As others have said Moyes would have been much better for Stones' development than Martinez because Stones already knew how to play when he arrived but what he lacked was defensive nous and obviously bobby is not the man to help you there.
Moyes was hardly reckless in his promotion of young players and I found that frustrating. However I find it hilarious that people just like the clueless media pick up on the memes that bobby creates about young players when the reality is that after 3 years in charge not one youth team player has come through the system to play or even just sit on the bench regularly in the first team squad.
To address youre last sebtence first, stones was brought up from the u21s to start reguarly was he not? or galloway, he has played a fair few. So that's that

There's very few managers in the league that would've first given the chance and secondly persisted with a young ball playing center half in such a high pressure league. Can't argue the fact that bobby did great getting him involved and the big reason for John bursting onto the scene is the persistence to stick with him even after costly mistakes.

And as for moyes, as he shown with Barkley, one mistake and John would've been shipped off out on loan or back to reserves, that's if he even got a chance to begin with. His reluctance to give young defenders a shot unless absolutely last resort eg. Duffy, is simple fact.

Well yes I get your point, but, people should really be focussing on the posts rather than the posters, if they did this, they wouldnt need to talk to people who havent posted.

Why is he banned again? I read through the rules there's no bans for being the wrongest person on the Internet. Bring him back I say.

Roberto Martinez sucks oranges through a straw.

Whatever anybody says on Twitter, he's going at the end of the season 100%. Moshiri is very unimpressed with him, we need another Simeone at Everton, he is the best manager in world football. Martinez won't be given funds + another season as he has lost the players and we are in serious danger of being involved in a relegation battle next season if we lose Lukaku and Stones. Time for change. The more protests, the better for the club. Time for the fans to stand up against the Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back