Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The protest in the car park against Martinez wasn't nice.I don't approve of such behaviour.But i guess people have to be told face to face about the facts when the club hierarchy are trying to blank out protests in the ground by playing the music loud.Again i am not approving of such behaviour but people are being provoked because the club treated those protesting fans in the ground with contempt.Everton supporters have a right to express the opinion that Roberto Martinez is not fit to manage this club and Everton supporters have a right to express the opinion that hoping to just scrape into the top 10 (our minimun standard with the players we have is a Europa League spot) for the past 2 seasons is not good enough.Everton supporters are entitled to express these opinions without being called thugs bullies and scumbags.
Absolutely mate, those employees who drowned out the protests by amplifying the music don't have the interests of the club at heart. Shameful.

I wonder how the media will treat Martinez Out protests at Leicester on Saturday?

I mean, it will be a carnival atmosphere, but no doubt there will again be Martinez Out banners in the away end, particularly with the tv cameras there. Will EFC fans be portrayed at the unreasonable grumps in the corner of the ground? Will they be mocked and deemed unreasonable?

If ever there was a team/ground/situation that exemplified how not 'unreasonable' Everton fans expectations are, it would be Leicester winning the league. It would seem, in lots of ways, the perfect time and place to 'make a point'.

I wonder how the media will treat Martinez Out protests at Leicester on Saturday?

I mean, it will be a carnival atmosphere, but no doubt there will again be Martinez Out banners in the away end, particularly with the tv cameras there. Will EFC fans be portrayed at the unreasonable grumps in the corner of the ground? Will they be mocked and deemed unreasonable?

If ever there was a team/ground/situation that exemplified how not 'unreasonable' Everton fans expectations are, it would be Leicester winning the league. It would seem, in lots of ways, the perfect time and place to 'make a point'.

95% certain that the media wont even realise Everton are there.

Quick straw poll.

Given the choice, would you appoint MON or retain Martinez.

Martinez for me.

MON has won domestic trophies and never relegated a team.

I would rather have neither as manager, but MON is clearly better than Martinez.

Martinez is basically the modern day Mike Walker, living off a lucky trophy win (with another club) and 1 half decent season followed by 2 dire ones. He's so out of his depth.

Not sure mate thought he said betfair. Certainly some bookies anyway. I'm not even sure how the exchange works although I'm a pretty infrequent gambler these days.
Possibly another exchange as I just checked BetFair and they only have the Martinez to Leave 'Yes / No' bet and there's very little interest in that at the moment.

Basically the exchanges allow you to bet AGAINST an outcome (lay the bet), in other words you act as the bookie and take other users' bets. So when the market opens up on an exchange and people want to back O'Neil for example at a short price, you could take them on in the hope that it doesn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back