Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know!!!

I've been away from here a couple of days and haven't a clue what's going on lol

I've tried to respond to him about 10 times in the last 10 mins only to realise at the very last minute it's not even him. So if on the off chance I repond to anyone thinking they are Dave, I apologise in advance.

He's banned until the start of the season for saying nasty things about Leighton Baines mate

Not under Martinez no. I don't understand the reluctance to it in general though. Ferguson won title after title with it, Pellegrini used it for City's title win, Leicester have now just done it. Liverpool came close playing it. Two strikers has always made sense. It's like any formation though, if your players don't know what they're doing and don't put the required work rate in then it's irrelevant how you send them out on the pitch.
Well mate, only just read your post but it's absolutely spot on, as you say two strikers always makes sense.

Firstly, I just saw DaveK with a big red 'BANNED' strap across his avatar. Had to chuckle, this past week has been fuelled by DaveK 'bantz'. He's only just returned after a lengthy spell on the sidelines too :D

Back on topic, Martinez was talking sense in the press conference when he said that Leicester are where they are because of 10 months of hard work and how they deserve it. When he says stuff like that, I'd love to know what his true opinion is on our own season - does he think he's not up to the job and is holding on for the payoff, or that he's done a good job and has been let down by the players/lack of funds :D

Stuck in work so haven't read much. What's all this about Martin o'neill? I'd pack it all in if he came in. @The Esk tell me everything is going to be alright.

There's nothing in it at all mate, other than the bookies making him favourite for no reason other than to fleece a few punters.

Indeed. People should never trust bookies odds - Moyes was once the favourite for the Spurs job and they even suspended betting on it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back