Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a bit unfair to highlight the young players either Moyes or Martinez has played.

For Moyes, he played a few of them such as the obvious Rooney and the two which got away being Mustafi and Dier who werent even played by him and it didnt seem he wanted to keep either of them --strikes me as someone who only wants experienced defenders...we signed baines and he was benched for ages for example, lescott played at LB for ages and coleman in midfield.

Rodwell we got good money for and Anichebe also by some miracle.

The disappointment for me was James Vaughan but so many injuries...

As for Martinez im not sure who he could have played in the last 2 seasons?? Seems to me that mext season is the one where the young lads come through.

I think its a bit unfair to highlight the young players either Moyes or Martinez has played.

For Moyes, he played a few of them such as the obvious Rooney and the two which got away being Mustafi and Dier who werent even played by him and it didnt seem he wanted to keep either of them --strikes me as someone who only wants experienced defenders...we signed baines and he was benched for ages for example, lescott played at LB for ages and coleman in midfield.

As for Martinez im not sure who he could have played in the last 2 seasons?? Seems to me that mext season is the one where the young lads come through.

Dier was on loan, pretty sure at the time we had limited money to actually sign him.

believe me my friend you want to thank the stars above that neg rep does not exist.

Still spending your time stalking me kid?

Sorry i hurt your behind by saying people who criticising who do not go the game and are specifically having a go that those that do and are protesting is IMO wrong.

right now though you are reminding me of the tools on facebook who comment on friends of friends photos in a slightly creepy manner.

I await your intelligent response with baited breath

I don't or can't agree with any of this. I'm not even going to debate it point for point. All I will say is you are entitled to your opinion but 'slid back into obscurity'. We may not register with the media (who cares anyway) but we have never been obscure. That's just off the register with self flagellating, victimhood.
Chill mate, it was tongue in cheek ffs!

Sorry i hurt your behind by saying people who criticising who do not go the game and are specifically having a go that those that do and are protesting is IMO wrong.

right now though you are reminding me of the tools on facebook who comment on friends of friends photos in a slightly creepy manner.

You are going about this the wrooooooooooooong way mate

Dier was on loan, pretty sure at the time we had limited money to actually sign him.

Spot on. Also mustafi apparently was let go on a free to "free up wages".

Mustafi was rated as the best upcoming german defender and Dier was in the England photoshoots as the next star player.

I could be way off base here but i dont think moyes ever played a defender of 21 or under in the league so didnt prioritise these two.

Do we have someone that can translate this please?

Spot on. Also mustafi apparently was let go on a free to "free up wages".

Mustafi was rated as the best upcoming german defender and Dier was in the England photoshoots as the next star player.

I could be way off base here but i dont think moyes ever played a defender of 21 or under in the league so didnt prioritise these two.

Duffy

Come on mate this is a ridiculously biased view. The points around Coleman and Baines are bizarre. Lescott was having a stormer at left back, hence Baines bided his time, once he won his spot though he was a regular. Coleman started out at RB for us but was actually one of our quickest players for a while so to help the team Moyes tried him at RW. He moved back the season after and never lost his spot. By the end of his tenure they were two of the best full backs in the league.

Osman Hibbert Rooney Anichebe Vaughan Rodwell Barkley all got given significant senior time under Moyes considering how young they were when he gave them debuts (not Osman and Hibbert obviously)

He gave debuts to a whole succession of kids who weren't good enough. As of yet not one player has gone on to do anything better than Everton. Dier we simply couldn't afford, we sent him back to Lisbon and then Spurs eventually bought him. He's had his breakthrough season now which is how many years after we sent him back? Mustafi was a bad call fair enough, but again he's only coming to prominence in the last few years, Moyes was expected to just give him a first team spot years before that though.

Martinez could have played far more kids. The whole 'who is ready' excuse for Roberto which is never applied to Moyes is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back