Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be funny if the club hired O neill and Moyes in a double recruitment to sort the team out.

Not too far off what the former board would consider as well!

In a nerdy sort of way - one of those classic GOT moments where an Academically Purist analysis of the use of the English langauage by an individual who speaks it as a second langauge is taken away by an individual who speaks it as a first language ( I think) - and Googles it to see what it means!

Made me laugh anyway !
Even google couldn't help me with that mate. :)

We're going a bit off topic here but why are you dividing the 20 league places into non even segments though? If you're going to divide the league into 'top' 'middle' and 'bottom' then at least do it as evenly as possible, 1-7, 8-13 and 14-20.

Totally agree with your last sentence though ;)

Because you get stuff for finishing 1-5 and youre probably fighting to stay in the league 16-20. The rest is just plodding / average. I did say it was just my way of looking at it.

On topic. Is he gone yet?

The names being linked in the media make me believe they have either forgotten about the Moshiri buyout, aren't being briefed about the level we're looking at, or are being duped by the agents of managers looking to link their clients name to us. There's no way we'll be looking at a Hughes or O'Neil

Caught Roberto's presser - the face & body language of a man who knows his number is up.

Nice guy, poor football manager. Good luck to him moving forward.

I am actually supportive of Martinez but couldn't help feeling this as well. It could be that he already knows he's leaving at the end of the season...

Not much point really in throwing vitriol at the Boss now if, as we all believe, he is going at the end of the season. As one of the great minds of the forum once said, "it would be as meaningful as shouting down the bog". Great words I think we can all get behind and we should just see out the next few weeks in true blue style, with dignity.

The names being linked in the media make me believe they have either forgotten about the Moshiri buyout, aren't being briefed about the level we're looking at, or are being duped by the agents of managers looking to link their clients name to us. There's no way we'll be looking at a Hughes or O'Neil
We are currently managed by a manager who's greatest league achievement is relegation. Before that, our manager never won anything in 11 years, before that we went nowhere under smith who just went back to rangers after that, before him howard kendall for the third time who nearly sent us down, two before him was walker who nearly sent us down.

Point is, considering all of that, is O'neill and hughes really that far fetched in the media?

We are currently managed by a manager who's greatest league achievement is relegation. Before that, our manager never won anything in 11 years, before that we went nowhere under smith who just went back to rangers after that, before him howard kendall for the third time who nearly sent us down, two before him was walker who nearly sent us down.

Point is, considering all of that, is O'neill and hughes really that far fetched in the media?
Yeah we as fans know very little about Moshy and what his plans for the future are and we've got our ear firmly to the ground. So it's no surprise the media et al are paying scant attention to us as they care less about Everton. Time will tell what he's all about and the plans he has for us but until then we're mostly in the dark.

Yeah we as fans know very little about Moshy and what his plans for the future are and we've got our ear firmly to the ground. So it's no surprise the media et al are paying scant attention to us as they care less about Everton. Time will tell what he's all about and the plans he has for us but until then we're mostly in the dark.
in all honesty, would any of us be talking about someof the names we are dreaming of if esk hadn't told us?

Personally i'd still be doubting he was leaving without word to the contrary lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back