Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More tripe from Bobby.

He says we haven't experienced the winning feeling at home as much as we have away from home.

We've won 5 home and 5 away.

Wish a journo would pull him on the fact that our away form isn't anything to shout about. It's just better than our home form
Didn't sound like there where many there to ask him anything to be fair

You've got a very strange definition of what constitutes 'mid-table' in that case.

With Moyes we were at least consistently in and around the top 6. Considering the squad Moyes took over and the budget restraints he had to work within I would call that achievement more than average (and I was no big Moyes fan by the end of his time here).

The only reason Martinez' 'average' league position could be as high as 9th is down to his first season here which is looking more and spurious with every week that passes. Which I think we would probably actually agree on.

So I would personally say he has actually taken us massively backwards, and the trend is still on the decline.

1-5 is the top part of the table. 6-15 is the middle of the table. 16-20 is the bottom of the table. Maybe that's just me.

I think the chances of us finishing in the top part of the table next year (being better than average) under Moyes or Martinez would be extremely low. I hope both are in the past and we get a proven winner to manage the club.

More tripe from Bobby.

He says we haven't experienced the winning feeling at home as much as we have away from home.

Wish a journo would pull him on the fact that our away form isn't anything to shout about. It's just better than our home form

Would be interesting to see his reaction if one of the journo's actually did their homework and asked him that direct. How could he squirm out of that?

1-5 is the top part of the table. 6-15 is the middle of the table. 16-20 is the bottom of the table. Maybe that's just me.

I think the chances of us finishing in the top part of the table next year (being better than average) under Moyes or Martinez would be extremely low. I hope both are in the past and we get a proven winner to manage the club.
We're going a bit off topic here but why are you dividing the 20 league places into non even segments though? If you're going to divide the league into 'top' 'middle' and 'bottom' then at least do it as evenly as possible, 1-7, 8-13 and 14-20.

Totally agree with your last sentence though ;)

To address youre last sebtence first, stones was brought up from the u21s to start reguarly was he not? or galloway, he has played a fair few. So that's that

There's very few managers in the league that would've first given the chance and secondly persisted with a young ball playing center half in such a high pressure league. Can't argue the fact that bobby did great getting him involved and the big reason for John bursting onto the scene is the persistence to stick with him even after costly mistakes.

And as for moyes, as he shown with Barkley, one mistake and John would've been shipped off out on loan or back to reserves, that's if he even got a chance to begin with. His reluctance to give young defenders a shot unless absolutely last resort eg. Duffy, is simple fact.
Of course because he didn't buy Stones. He didn't promote Hibbert or Coleman from the under 21s. Galloway was not a product of the youth system he was bought for 3 million pounds. Moyes introduced Barkley and Stones to the first team and Rooney when he was 16. And he did this while maintaining the team in the top half of the table. Things are pretty desperate when the only arguments you have for Bobby are that he gave game time to two first team squad members who have long been regarded as amongst the best of their generation. Players whose progress has unfortunately hit a wall because of the total lack of coaching ability of the manager and his team.

More tripe from Bobby.

Y'know what Wal, I reckon there's a bit of embarrassment there on the scribes part, it's almost like none of them now feel comfortable enough to go...

'Errrrm, y'know this glorious away record Bob...well, thing is right _________________________'

It'd be like sitting in the car with your dog on your knee and then punching it in the face...before driving to the vets...where you're having it put down.

It's literally all he's got left innit.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...ague-ineptitude-index-2015-16-leicester-city?

Coming in at 7th place on the results table for 'ineptitude'. Astonished that we have not been credited with more 'goalkeeping errors leading to an opposition goal', though.

Leicester only had one individual error leading to a goal, giving credence to the idea that playing an error-prone style of football with people who are not immensely comfortable fitting into it is not a recipe for success.

Adios, Roberto - as it currently stands on the sack-o-meter 92.5% cannot be wrong....or ignored. You are an exceedingly nice guy but in the cut throat world of top tier football I am afraid that 'nice' and 'successful' simply do not go hand in hand. We need an edgy manager at the helm, one who spits bile when needed, who can cajole his players from the sidelines to success on the field, who has the respect of all - players, fans and peers alike - and doesn't mind upsetting the minority for the benefit of the majority, is eloquent and able to front the club at any occasion without being overwhelmed, who buys into Everton and will not short change us on our dreams and aspirations.

The difficulty is....who fits this bill?

Really feel a statement needs to come pretty soon, we are lucky on here that we have the esk giving us info etc, but looking on Twitter etc everyone is convinced he is staying or o'neil will replace him, something needs to calm people down

Really feel a statement needs to come pretty soon, we are lucky on here that we have the esk giving us info etc, but looking on Twitter etc everyone is convinced he is staying or o'neil will replace him, something needs to calm people down

Maybe we should get the Esk to do the pressers rather than Roberto, that way no one in the press room will need a sneeze guard to shield our faces from all the BS that's usually flying around when Roberto's in the room ;)

It's not the clubs fault people believe the tripe that randomers with no info whatsoever post on social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back