Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asked O'Keefe on twitter whether journos had any sort of briefing from the club about not asking questions on Roberto's future this morning.
He said while he wasn't there, he's checked with colleagues and there was no briefing.

Really feel a statement needs to come pretty soon, we are lucky on here that we have the esk giving us info etc, but looking on Twitter etc everyone is convinced he is staying or o'neil will replace him, something needs to calm people down

This is not my preference but would sooner have the manager of Northern Ireland ('Norn Iron') - Michael O'Neill - than MO'N.

With exception to our matches, I'm pretty much pretending that Everton don't exist for the next 10 days. I suggest others do the same, it's much more relaxing. We haven't had a decision or an announcement up until today, so there's absolutely no reason why we would before the end of the season now in my opinion. Keep protesting at the game, responding to club communications if you wish, but other than that, ignore it. The club are doing just that, so there's no point in getting apoplectic that nothing is being said. Not healthy! We'll find out in due course I guess!

Just asked O'Keefe on twitter whether journos had any sort of briefing from the club about not asking questions on Roberto's future this morning.
He said while he wasn't there, he's checked with colleagues and there was no briefing.

That means those journos are gutless imps. They have no balls.

Even if there was he surely wouldn't tell you

I'm pretty sure their first goal was one hell of a strike and the other - in the final minute - involved a clear foul. Yes we mess up all the time but not sure this was one of those. Still I was happy with my Romelu 3-2 Scorecast.

They did indeed score their second in the dying minutes.....but they came again and I thought Remy was about to equalise in injury time.

Fortunately he missed an excellent chance :(

Hanging on after being in a comfortable position......a situation we have come to regard as normal these days :blush:

With exception to our matches, I'm pretty much pretending that Everton don't exist for the next 10 days. I suggest others do the same, it's much more relaxing. We haven't had a decision or an announcement up until today, so there's absolutely no reason why we would before the end of the season now in my opinion. Keep protesting at the game, responding to club communications if you wish, but other than that, ignore it. The club are doing just that, so there's no point in getting apoplectic that nothing is being said. Not healthy! We'll find out in due course I guess!

Sound advice and something I was starting to contemplate myself. Maybe if I go stand in a corner with my back to the world and shut my eyes the nasty men with all the scurrolous rumours, called journos, will leave me alone. In fact, I think I now will!

Adios, Roberto - as it currently stands on the sack-o-meter 92.5% cannot be wrong....or ignored. You are an exceedingly nice guy but in the cut throat world of top tier football I am afraid that 'nice' and 'successful' simply do not go hand in hand. We need an edgy manager at the helm, one who spits bile when needed, who can cajole his players from the sidelines to success on the field, who has the respect of all - players, fans and peers alike - and doesn't mind upsetting the minority for the benefit of the majority, is eloquent and able to front the club at any occasion without being overwhelmed, who buys into Everton and will not short change us on our dreams and aspirations.

The difficulty is....who fixes this bill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back