Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting frustrated and worried by the silence now, given this clubs previous form. We need a statement of intent NOW! Martinez to leave at the end of the season, then a recruitment process in train for a new manager and new players! Look at our near neighbours they could have CL football too add that to the current top four and teams like Chelsea and West Ham on the up its going to tough moving forward. We need a winning manager to compete.

Leicester & Spurs in the CL.
Arsenal & City too.
Utd & West Ham in the Europa.
Liverpool possibly in the CL
West Ham with a new stadium
Spurs & Chelsea sharing Wembley whilst the new stadiums are built.
Southampton doing well too.

Welcome to the mid-table also-rans era, which gross mismanagement & poor leadership at board level has led us to.

Be proud of what you've done, it wouldn't surprise me if the ins and outs flip flopped by tomorrow night and we'll all be cheering a phenomenal result.
you must be a very powerful hypnotist mutley : you've even got me looking forward to our next derby match under Bobby's astute helmsmanship. Needless to say, I suspect Jurgen is also looking forward to it lol

This fella is the gift that keeps on giving.No i will not take anything from Leicester's ways of doing things say's our genius of a manager.We have our own plans process and ways of doing things here at Everton.Yeah we know what your plan process and way of doing things is alright Bobby.We know it's a load of BS.lol I thought he was a bit disrespectful to Leicester with some of his comments in the article.He more or less said that the plan on Saturday is to hope that Leicester have been partying too hard.What a footballing genius.What an astute tactician.This was a comment on the story on the Echo.

Why would he want to copy Leicester?...The 'Martinez Way' means taking a team in a half decent position progressively downhill over the course of several seasons and you can't do that if you start keeping clean sheets, become hard to beat, show worrying signs of cohesion and tactical awareness, hold on to leads, eradicate daft defensive errors and generally pick up three points every week... we certainly wouldn't want to go down that road. It would also mean admitting that by clinging to his obsession with possession-based football he's out-of-date and got it a bit wrong.

Last edited:
Leicester win the league, Spurs in second and probably in the group stages of the CL, the RS in the Uefa Cup final, and Palace in the FA Cup final.

All teams we regarded as lesser than us or on a par 3 seasons ago. Now we're solidified lower mid table and don't even give a new manager a good starting place. Really starting to despise the fraud.

Imagine the atmosphere next season if Martinez is in charge and we lose our first home game to Burnley.

I m not having time to read every day this m I m on work right now , but please would sombody tell me is this maniac gone in summer?

Based on nothing other than my gut, my reading of all the information present and the word of a few people around here I trust, yes.

This shows how important it is to find the tight guy. You just have to admit it they striked gold.

db1151-tight-butt.jpg

Leicester & Spurs in the CL.
Arsenal & City too.
Utd & West Ham in the Europa.
Liverpool possibly in the CL
West Ham with a new stadium
Spurs & Chelsea sharing Wembley whilst the new stadiums are built.
Southampton doing well too.

Welcome to the mid-table also-rans era, which gross mismanagement & poor leadership at board level has led us to.

Good point. Hopefully this summer will change all that. If it doesn't we are no bigger or better that wba or stoke in current standings.

In his rush to knock down the idea that Jose would ever consider Everton, he failed to allow me to explain Jose approached Everton not the other way round. The point was not worth continuing.

Anyway that call from my perspective was more about making sure more people in the footballing world understood why Martinez has to go than who was coming in next.
I was shouting that at the radio at the time - hope you can ultimately call them back in a fortnight and pipe him right down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back