Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a lazy thinker, if you believe that the status quo never changes, and if you're not an Everton fan, the notion that Mourinho might join us seems outlandish. But things change. If he had to choose between us and United, assuming he was 100% sure he was wanted at United, then he'd go to Old Trafford. But if not, then there's every reason to think he'd come here. Proud history, passionate fanbase, newly rich, newly ambitious, huge potential, and in England, where he has said he wants to stay.
We present a challenge that might appeal to his ego. (Maybe even more so than the United job. An article in the Telegraph the other day - sorry, I can't find the link - suggested he was less interested in United's standing than in the possibilities that existed there). And we have a place in the game and a chip on our shoulder that he'd probably recognise.
Financially, he won't need to work, but there are other things driving him. And we might well be his only English option.

Spot on mate.

I have said it time and time and time again, we are a fantastic and very attractive option for about 95% of the managers the world over due to all the points you mention. I'm not saying he would come here but 100% he would not dismiss us out of hand without considering all that you have mentioned. His ego has taken a pummelling and he might just find a perfect home with us.

Never say never.

That rubbish plan of Leicester's, they only went and smashed the league at a canter, played with total control, pace and excitement, as a team and group of mates. Yeah thats rubbish Roberto.

Yeah but most of their goals weren't satisfying goals. That's all that matters at the end of the day. We all know there are varying degrees of satisfaction you get depending on the type of goal you score. Right?

Yeah but most of their goals weren't satisfying goals. That's all that matters at the end of the day. We all know there are varying degrees of satisfaction you get depending on the type of goal you score. Right?

...deffo. We are the entertainers, we got 72 points 3 years ago AND our away record is fantastic even though it isn't.. and there's no trophy in the world covers that.

Them foxes can stuff that title RIGHT up their united/playing for each other/wrapped it up with games to spare 'arris.

#HOOFBALL

;)

I'm worried about these mouthpieces coming out and trying to appease the fans.

I know they're on the payroll and obviously wouldn't say anything negative but it looks like they're standing them up trying to weather the storm added together with a couple of wins at the end of the season to ease the pressure. Then start again with a clean slate in the summer.

Wouldn't surprise me if Moshiri doesn't want to get involved with such a huge decision too early either.

And I don't trust any sources on a anonymous forum no matter how highly regarded they are on the Internet. That's not going to put my mind at ease.

...deffo. We are the entertainers, we got 72 points 3 years ago AND our away record is fantastic even though it isn't.. and there's no trophy in the world covers that.

Them foxes can stuff that title RIGHT up their united/playing for each other/wrapped it up with games to spare 'arris.

#HOOFBALL

;)

you mean... we aren't having a parade 3 seasons on for the 72 points trophy!?

*cancels 100000 72 point trophy scarves*

FML

3879678+_0ad87d459271ebb2ab5222d10c12caf2.gif

The statement of intent IS the silence.

Embrace it.

There will be wonderful noise soon enough...;)
Absolutely this, a clear head amongst all the bed wetters.

The silence from this club is deafening, the manager has been under serious pressure in the press and not one pipe up from the club, if Bill was in anyway in charge of keeping him on he would have come out and supported him.

From everything Esk has told us, BlueFox has said Martinez has been told he's going, I don't see what the panic is about from some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back