Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but most of their goals weren't satisfying goals. That's all that matters at the end of the day. We all know there are varying degrees of satisfaction you get depending on the type of goal you score. Right?

Yeah Vardy's 25 yard screamer vrs the RS was such a "meh" moment :-)

ibtl_2.gif

His comments on Leicester should be enough to tip anyone who still supports him over the edge.

To say that it's not possible to replicate what they've done shows a saddening lack of ambition, but also, a lack of confidence and belief. Leicester's players are (excluding maybe two) nothing special, yet they were determined to win. They believed they could win.

Martinez lacks the mentality to win. If he doesn't have it, the players aren't going to have it.

His comments on Leicester should be enough to tip anyone who still supports him over the edge.

To say that it's not possible to replicate what they've done shows a saddening lack of ambition, but also, a lack of confidence and belief. Leicester's players are (excluding maybe two) nothing special, yet they were determined to win. They believed they could win.

Martinez lacks the mentality to win. If he doesn't have it, the players aren't going to have it.

Precisely. Born loser. Born failure

To say that it's not possible to replicate what they've done
shows a saddening lack of ambition, but also, a lack of confidence and belief. Leicester's players are (excluding maybe two) nothing special, yet they were determined to win. They believed they could win.

Did he say that? The only thing close I heard him say - if we're talking about the most recent press conference - is that clubs determine their progression plans internally, so the success of Leicester wouldn't necessarily change the way Everton operate.

I don't recall him saying a repeat of Leicester is impossible. Then again, a lot of people seem to be hearing different things when he talks these days.

This all day long.

I am also very disappointed in ex players sharp, Stuart and Ratcliffe supporting Martinez, I know they are employed by the club but come on when the [Poor language removed] have been bad their ex players don't hold back.

I think the supporters really need to let the board no where we stand and give him hell on the last game against Norwich

Judging by his interview with Carragher the other day his win comes in the form of achieving 600 passes per game. He's completely indulged himself and now can't get out.

This all day long.

I am also very disappointed in ex players sharp, Stuart and Ratcliffe supporting Martinez, I know they are employed by the club but come on when the [Poor language removed] have been bad their ex players don't hold back.

I think the supporters really need to let the board no where we stand and give him hell on the last game against Norwich

Think its a clear split and indication on who is employed and who isn't employed by the club when you see the comments coming out from former players.

What HAS he done then?

In terms of the clubs future?

Turned Barkley from a bloke who couldnt get a game for Leeds/Sheff Wed into a regular international.
Put an extra 40M on Stones value
Doubled Lukakus value.
Brought in young players who should go on to be important players for us in the future in the likes of Galloway, Besic, Robles, Holgate, Foulds, Tarashaj as well as setting up the youth sides so that they should be able to integrate into the first team squad easily.

I get having a go at him for poor first team results but to say he has done nothing for the future of the club is just madness. I think he will go and I think whoever takes over will reap the benefits of the stuff he has set in place for the future.

This all day long.

I know this is a novel concept but...maybe, just maybe these players actually believe what they are saying?

The supporters do NOT need to let the board know how they feel, they already know, they are not stupid.

What are you going to do? Lynch him? Tar and feathers? Burn an effigy?

This shows how important it is to find the tight guy. You just have to admit it they striked gold.

Yet there are those round these parts whom would dismiss getting to cup finals as being of little more than a distraction from an altogether more important task.....finishing best of the rest in the league.

We came close enough to making two cup finals.......a "non goal" derailed us in the first and a missed penno stymied us in the second.

Let's hope future cup runs will not be dismissed so flippantly by many of our friends on here :)

The excitement generated by being in cup finals is priceless.

I know this is a novel concept but...maybe, just maybe these players actually believe what they are saying?

The supporters do NOT need to let the board know how they feel, they already know, they are not stupid.

What are you going to do? Lynch him? Tar and feathers? Burn an effigy?

Like Shylock, they want their pound of flesh....:pint2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back