Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.

I think we will win at Leicester.....for two reasons.

They have been in party mode since Monday and IMO it will be impossible for Claudio to have them fully focused for tomorrow.

And now they are champions, the opposition will be up for taking their scalp.

I think I shall invest a crisp tenner on us winning tomorrow ;)
And i hope that tenner is worth more money come 5pm lol

I just think we have been in such poor form that a team even with half an intent can beat us. Bloody bournemouth should have had a point and that is because we stopped playing for 20 minutes and just let them have shots on goal.

Tell you what, if the decision has been made that Martinez will not be here for the start of next season, then the club have done a good job keeping it in house, because you would normally get someone inside a club leaking stuff like this out on the quiet, especially from someone who Martinez has pissed off.

So what you are saying is we dont really need a manager at all do we?

So Stones is worth less than the 3M we paid for him?

And the Lukaku thing. That's just made up!

The last bit is totally irrelevant. The point being made was that Martinez has done nothing for the future of Everton not if he is playing them now or not (and Lukaku, Stones and Barkley ARE young players btw..)

Again he has a lot of things worthy of having a go at. Implementing stuff for the future is not one of them and only someone with an agenda would fail to see that.

I've not said we don't need a manager, neither have I said Stones is worth less than the 3m we paid for him. Nice try at putting words in my mouth ;-)

I'm just contesting that he is responsible for the ascention of these three players. And I'd argue he finds success more by accident than design when it comes to bringing youth players through.

Yep totally made up, not documented at all.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24378002

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-transfer-news-mirallas-reveals-2250822

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...u-Lukaku-choose-Everton-over-West-Brom-return

I disagree.

They have been in party mode since Monday and IMO it will be impossible for Claudio to have them fully focused for tomorrow.

Also there could be a few players Ranieri will give a chance to feature in order to make enough appearances to get the medal. Mark Schwazer is getting a replica again this season like at Chelsea. Bad luck to the fella.

Barkley was a late developer due to a horrendous injury, he would have broken through sooner had it not happened.
Stones - I'd say he's wiped money off his value rather than added to it
Lakaku - Came here because Mirallas talked him into coming here in the first place

As for the players you've listed he's brought through, he's mainly done that because of injury. If anything he's stuck by out of form players and ignored the youth until he had no choice.
Do you seriously believe Lukaku came to Everton because of Mirallas ?, He came because we were a better prospect than WBA and I do believe that he felt RM could improve him as a player.
What about Deulofeu, did he come because of Robles ?

Stones, when RM came to the club, I don't think any Evertonian knew what Stones was going to turn into. In fact RM kept Stones in the team in spite of he making mistakes that young players make. John Stones owes a huge debt of gratitude to RM.
As does Deulofeu, Galloway, Browning, Dowell and Pennington.

An exchange from back in March

I spent a large chunk of last season fearing we'd go down

However, I said during it that so long as we didn't go down, I'd give him till Christmas this season

Low and behold, he kept us up and now he's got us to Wembley

I think he's earned the right to stay for the remainder of the season

After that?

I have a checklist of
Top keeper
LM
Defensive Coach

How he does with that list by the end of summer will decide whether I'm In or Out

Lawrence will only be gone the day when Martinez is sacked.

And it's this sad fact that has accelerated me to wanting him gone before the summer window

If he'd got a new defensive coach in, or even so much as hinted at it, I'd probably still be on the fence waiting to see what happened

But he never will get the new defensive coach

Our defending is horrid and I'm not sure if he's going to be capable of adequately replacing Lukaku, meaning we could be in very real danger of slipping further down the table next season if he remains at the helm

I think he has to go, and it looks like he will if The Esk is correct

I wish him all the best with whatever his next job is

Thanks for your hard work Bobby, but I'm afraid the job was just too big for you

If only you'd been willing to bend and get the help you needed, this could have turned out differently

Good luck

I disagree.

I have a feeling we will get done, 3-1 or something stupid after going ahead of course.

Not that i bet against Everton mind, but i won't be betting on us to win... BTTS defo all over that tomorrow.

I've not said we don't need a manager, neither have I said Stones is worth less than the 3m we paid for him. Nice try at putting words in my mouth ;-)

I'm just contesting that he is responsible for the ascention of these three players. And I'd argue he finds success more by accident than design when it comes to bringing youth players through.

Yep totally made up, not documented at all.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24378002

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-transfer-news-mirallas-reveals-2250822

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...u-Lukaku-choose-Everton-over-West-Brom-return

Of course you would say that! Thats what I am saying, its because you have an agenda against him.

You said Stones value has gone down, so that would make him less than 3M no?

You are also saying that none of the players listed are down to the manager so why bother having one? Just throw the players out there each week and have done with it.

So why did Lukaku say that he wanted to play for someone who had faith in him when he signed? I'm sure Mirallas said "yeah come and sign for us" even if it makes no real sense seeing as he wanted to leave himself....

I disagree.

The thing is though there is no pressure on Leicester now the league is tied - up, so they can go out and put a show on for their fans.

The other thing going their way for a win is, they're playing us!

I have a feeling we will get done, 3-1 or something stupid after going ahead of course.

Not that i bet against Everton mind, but i won't be betting on us to win... BTTS defo all over that tomorrow.

If I wasn't an Evertonian then EFC would be the first name on my BTTS coupon every Saturday.

(along with Accrington Stanley when they are at home.....a banker, nine times out of ten ;))

But as I would never do a bet which depended on sommat bad happening the Blues, like a last minute goal equalising when we were 1-0 up, I never consider Everton.

:)

If I wasn't an Evertonian then EFC would be the first name on my BTTS coupon every Saturday.

(along with Accrington Stanley when they are at home.....a banker, nine times out of ten ;))

But as I would never do a bet which depended on sommat bad happening the Blues, like a last minute goal equalising when we were 1-0 up, I never consider Everton.

:)

I would guess lots of people have won a pretty penny on us being first on their BTTS list :(:(:(

In terms of the clubs future?

Turned Barkley from a bloke who couldnt get a game for Leeds/Sheff Wed into a regular international.- Anyone at the club new Ross' potential, he got tonnes of games at sheff wed and his loans were to give him experience not to farm him out. Ross would of made it hear with or without Martinez
Put an extra 40M on Stones value Same as above, anyone could see the quality Stones has, and in a way his poor coaching of him and putting him in situations of pressure has not helped his development
Doubled Lukakus value. I think Lukaku has doubled his value (going to the manager last season asking him to play more direct as Martinez's system wasent working)
Brought in young players who should go on to be important players for us in the future in the likes of Galloway, Besic, Robles, Holgate, Foulds, Tarashaj as well as setting up the youth sides so that they should be able to integrate into the first team squad easily. We havent seen Holgate, Foulds, Tarashaj so we cannot judge them. Robles only got given game time 6 months after he should of, Besic got hooked every game last season ahead of a well underperforming Barry & Galloway got ditched the minute a lightweight and not very good Oviedo came back in the team.

Davies & Connolly made promising debuts and havent been seen since, Dowell has been crying out for a first team game for months but he has gone with all sorts of garbage on the bench instead, including players who's contracts are up in the summer, is that developing for a good future?

I get having a go at him for poor first team results but to say he has done nothing for the future of the club is just madness. I think he will go and I think whoever takes over will reap the benefits of the stuff he has set in place for the future.

Of course you would say that! Thats what I am saying, its because you have an agenda against him.

You said Stones value has gone down, so that would make him less than 3M no?

You are also saying that none of the players listed are down to the manager so why bother having one? Just throw the players out there each week and have done with it.

So why did Lukaku say that he wanted to play for someone who had faith in him when he signed? I'm sure Mirallas said "yeah come and sign for us" even if it makes no real sense seeing as he wanted to leave himself....

I quote "Put an extra 40M on Stones value', which would mean his value would be £43m. Again nice try at trying to put words into someones mouth

I'd argue that Stones value increase happened due to the lads ability, previous coaching, and he would have broken through regardless of whether Martinez was there or not. The entire back 4 has regressed under Martinez, and I've seen nothing to suggest he is capable of coaching defenders and improving them as players. So I disagree, he hasn't added 40m onto the players value, and since last season where the club valued him at this figured I'd argue that Martinez influence, or rather lack of coaching ability, has decreased stones value from your 43m estimation

Again you're making stuff up by trying to say I'm saying something I'm not, if we didn't need a manger we could happily stick with Martinez. As for having an agenda against him, I wanted him to succeed, so quite the opposite. His last two seasons where he's regressed the team quite badly is what I'm judging him against, and his obvious flaws and weaknesses. So if wanting the manger to go because I don't think he's up to the job is an agenda, then I guess I do have one.

If you don't think Mirallas played a key role in convincing Lakaku to come here, then I"m not sure why he wouldn't leave until he was convinced Lakaku would sign. Why would he need to broach the subject if it was nailed on? Why would he need to be convinced? I'm sure there were more factors involved in the decision making process, but I'd also contend based on the interviews and quotes that came out subsequently that he needed tipping over the edge to make his final decision. Having said that only Lakaku would know if he would have signed without Kev's influence or not, but he's never come out and denied it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back