Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting frustrated and worried by the silence now, given this clubs previous form. We need a statement of intent NOW! Martinez to leave at the end of the season, then a recruitment process in train for a new manager and new players! Look at our near neighbours they could have CL football too add that to the current top four and teams like Chelsea and West Ham on the up its going to tough moving forward. We need a winning manager to compete.

The statement of intent IS the silence.

Embrace it.

There will be wonderful noise soon enough...;)

Seriously Friday's are meant to be a good day already read Martinez on about Leicester and stick to his own plans and not to copy Leicester ! Wound up now because I got one thing to say to Martinez your plan isn't working anyway !!!!

In the hunt for Europe is not good enough for Everton. David Moyes was a better manager. I agree with this. However, he was not good enough, and we shouldn't act like it was all roses before Martinez showed up.

We haven't been performing acceptably to our level since the 80's. Hopefully that will change soon.

It's not acting like it is all roses. It is trying to put an end to this talk that Martinez hasn't taken us that far back from where Moyes left us. It is patently false. You can say that neither are good enough for EFC and that is fine, but to extend that to having no preference between the two tenures is ludicrous. Everton were mentioned in the press in a positive, albeit sometimes belittling tone. Now, we are underachievers, ironic entertainers, perpetually not reaching our potential, etc. I think that Moyes was a good manager, not a legend, a great or a hero, but a solid manager that did very well for our club, despite the souring at the end. Martinez however has done zero long term good for the club and had a seemingly talented squad with the best striker we've had in 25 years playing so crap we have all seriously thought about the drop the last two years.

db1151-tight-butt.jpg
Macedonia is not a nation...

Wonder if this week will be the hammering we are expecting?

Leiscter already champions so time to have fun so to speak. We have been poor for a long time, and they are at home.

Sadly it all adds up to a pretty poor result for us.

Leicester & Spurs in the CL.
Arsenal & City too.
Utd & West Ham in the Europa.
Liverpool possibly in the CL
West Ham with a new stadium
Spurs & Chelsea sharing Wembley whilst the new stadiums are built.
Southampton doing well too.

Welcome to the mid-table also-rans era, which gross mismanagement & poor leadership at board level has led us to.

Exactly. We're laughable. We need a HUGE 'statement of intent' -and we need it now.

Leicester win the league, Spurs in second and probably in the group stages of the CL, the RS in the Uefa Cup final, and Palace in the FA Cup final.

All teams we regarded as lesser than us or on a par 3 seasons ago. Now we're solidified lower mid table and don't even give a new manager a good starting place. Really starting to despise the fraud.

What took you so long? :coffee:

Seriously Friday's are meant to be a good day already read Martinez on about Leicester and stick to his own plans and not to copy Leicester ! Wound up now because I got one thing to say to Martinez your plan isn't working anyway !!!!

That rubbish plan of Leicester's, they only went and smashed the league at a canter, played with total control, pace and excitement, as a team and group of mates. Yeah thats rubbish Roberto.

It's not acting like it is all roses. It is trying to put an end to this talk that Martinez hasn't taken us that far back from where Moyes left us. It is patently false. You can say that neither are good enough for EFC and that is fine, but to extend that to having no preference between the two tenures is ludicrous. Everton were mentioned in the press in a positive, albeit sometimes belittling tone. Now, we are underachievers, ironic entertainers, perpetually not reaching our potential, etc. I think that Moyes was a good manager, not a legend, a great or a hero, but a solid manager that did very well for our club, despite the souring at the end. Martinez however has done zero long term good for the club and had a seemingly talented squad with the best striker we've had in 25 years playing so crap we have all seriously thought about the drop the last two years.

How has Martinez done nothing for the future of the club? Thats the one thing he HAS done!

I was shouting that at the radio at the time - hope you can ultimately call them back in a fortnight and pipe him right down.

If you're a lazy thinker, if you believe that the status quo never changes, and if you're not an Everton fan, the notion that Mourinho might join us seems outlandish. But things change. If he had to choose between us and United, assuming he was 100% sure he was wanted at United, then he'd go to Old Trafford. But if not, then there's every reason to think he'd come here. Proud history, passionate fanbase, newly rich, newly ambitious, huge potential, and in England, where he has said he wants to stay.
We present a challenge that might appeal to his ego. (Maybe even more so than the United job. An article in the Telegraph the other day - sorry, I can't find the link - suggested he was less interested in United's standing than in the possibilities that existed there). And we have a place in the game and a chip on our shoulder that he'd probably recognise.
Financially, he won't need to work, but there are other things driving him. And we might well be his only English option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back