Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF???..... Kevin Ratcliffe ....talking as much rubbish as Bobby... he's as negative a Bobby is positive FFS!?

They say you should never meet your hero's..... or maybe watch that kind of defeatist crap either

For anyone who has not seen the Sky interview, here it is:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...artinez#ooid=IydnA3MzE6cd4Dye3ilqWEHlO1pDuJk8

I'm staggered at Ratcliffe of all people who demanded the very best from those pulling on the Royal Blue shirt, to be so accepting today of standards he would never have countenanced himself as a player.

Just to chuck in my 2 cents as someone that used to edit clips like that for a living.

I'm sure that some of them are a bit guarded because of employment etc, but the whole thing seems cut to suit an editorial point of view. Most of the answers are incomplete, either at the start or end of each clip. Some are clearly thinking about how to frame an answer to suit a specific question - slow answers, blowing out cheeks etc. The voiceover in between sound bites also works to fill in the blanks - that we are all deluded and should mind our place.

Don't get me wrong it's common to chop interviews up for time etc but I'd bet my mortgage that all of them also said the same sort of stuff as Mountfield but the majority got discarded on the cutting room floor.

WTF???..... Kevin Ratcliffe ....talking as much rubbish as Bobby... he's as negative a Bobby is positive FFS!?

They say you should never meet your hero's..... or maybe watch that kind of defeatist crap either

kev has done nothing since retiring from playing.. accept relegate shrewsbury out of the football league back in 2003. he's not worth listening too anymore!

For anyone who has not seen the Sky interview, here it is:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...artinez#ooid=IydnA3MzE6cd4Dye3ilqWEHlO1pDuJk8

I'm staggered at Ratcliffe of all people who demanded the very best from those pulling on the Royal Blue shirt, to be so accepting today of standards he would never have countenanced himself as a player.

Hadn't spotted this. With Sharp and Stuart being employees of the club anything they say is always going to be somewhat sanitised. Ratcliffe, who, although never seeing him, I know is a club great, is someone I've never thought had impressive opinions when it came to football, something that is perhaps backed up by his managerial career.

Mountfield, with nothing to lose, is the only one that looked genuinely angry with our season.

If Martinez is to stay, we will all (or 95% of us anyway), just have to bite the collective bullet. But I am dreading enduring another season of hearing "phenomenal" , "incredible", "good moment of his football", "we went eye to eye" etc etc - a little more honesty and critical assessment would be much appreciated Roberto.

I won't hold my breath

If Martinez is to stay, we will all (or 95% of us anyway), just have to bite the collective bullet. But I am dreading enduring another season of hearing "phenomenal" , "incredible", "good moment of his football", "we went eye to eye" etc etc - a little more honesty and critical assessment would be much appreciated Roberto.

I won't hold my breath
Couldn't take another Season with Martinez

I suspect they've been told to toe the party line until the announcement is made. Certainly Graham Stuart did not dismiss the prospect of him being replaced, and actually the fact that they're warning of the dangers of the wrong person coming in suggests he's going n'est pas?

Since the defeat against Man Utd, the club remains silent. This really bothers us. The club should say something. If Martinez is gone why can't they just announce it saying he will leave after Norwich? They just let Martinez kept doing all these crap talks and conferences, spouting loads of balls saying how wonderful he has done blah blah blah. Judging by his speech and response I don't think the club has told him he is fired...at least for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back