Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...to-martinez-digs-in-protests?CMP=share_btn_tw

Everton’s manager Roberto Martínez digs in over fan protests
• Spaniard was subject to abuse when walking with wife
• I respect every fan’s opinion, Martínez adds

Roberto Martínez has said being the target of angry protests at Everton will not distract him from the task of correcting this season’s failings at Goodison Park.

The manager was subjected to abuse as he walked to his car with his wife, Beth, following the 2-1 win over Bournemouth last Saturday, their first win in eight games. Martínez has faced calls for his removal at several matches recently but insisted vitriol will not prompt him to walk away. “When you are Everton manager, you are in a position where you have to take responsibility and I do that for our performances and results,” he said in response to last week’s protests.

“We have had eight defeats at home and conceded 30 goals and that is not what we should be achieving. That’s how contrasting it is with our away form, with three defeats and 19 goals conceded. I respect every fan’s opinion. What I need to do is make sure I correct that. It is the top and bottom.

“At the moment, we have got three games left. Since the day I arrived, there are many steps to take to get to where we need to get. We are not there by any stretch of the imagination. We have been working since the window closed in January on many aspects of the next window and that is not going to change in the next few days. I am in communication with the chairman and the board on a daily basis. There is nothing different.”

Asked whether the board had discussed his position, Martínez replied: “That’s not for me to comment.”

He also admitted this season’s dismal return in the Premier League had shown the playing staff requires an overhaul, despite frequent assertions – often by Martínez himself – that he has constructed the club’s strongest squad in decades. “Clearly, yes,” he said when the subject was put to him. “I think in the last six windows, that is what we have done. We have gone from window to window improving and looking to get stronger and this summer will be the same.”

Horrible snidey little rat, GET OUT.

Just a re-hash of his Thursday press conference. If he was to be part of the summer window he'd have gone into much greater detail, after all he's never lost for words.

Another clear indication that he's leaving at the season end.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...to-martinez-digs-in-protests?CMP=share_btn_tw

Roberto Martínez has said being the target of angry protests at Everton will not distract him from the task of correcting this season’s failings at Goodison Park.

The manager was subjected to abuse as he walked to his car with his wife, Beth, following the 2-1 win over Bournemouth last Saturday, their first win in eight games. Martínez has faced calls for his removal at several matches recently but insisted vitriol will not prompt him to walk away. “When you are Everton manager, you are in a position where you have to take responsibility and I do that for our performances and results,” he said in response to last week’s protests.

“We have had eight defeats at home and conceded 30 goals and that is not what we should be achieving. That’s how contrasting it is with our away form, with three defeats and 19 goals conceded. I respect every fan’s opinion. What I need to do is make sure I correct that. It is the top and bottom.

“At the moment, we have got three games left. Since the day I arrived, there are many steps to take to get to where we need to get. We are not there by any stretch of the imagination. We have been working since the window closed in January on many aspects of the next window and that is not going to change in the next few days. I am in communication with the chairman and the board on a daily basis. There is nothing different.”

Asked whether the board had discussed his position, Martínez replied: “That’s not for me to comment.”

He also admitted this season’s dismal return in the Premier League had shown the playing staff requires an overhaul, despite frequent assertions – often by Martínez himself – that he has constructed the club’s strongest squad in decades. “Clearly, yes,” he said when the subject was put to him. “I think in the last six windows, that is what we have done. We have gone from window to window improving and looking to get stronger and this summer will be the same.”

Fans giving him grief whilst he's walking with his wife.... Dickheads

Just a re-hash of his Thursday press conference. If he was to be part of the summer window he'd have gone into much greater detail, after all he's never lost for words.

Another clear indication that he's leaving at the season end.
I think the "that is not for me to comment" line kind of says it all, I am gutted its all ending like this for him, and a tiny bit of me is hoping he did get next season and somehow managed to turn it all round

Some fans just don't think.

That protest in the ground was a good way to go about it, not hounding him when he's with his family.
I thought protesting after the whistle was brilliant. It made it clear that it wasn't a personal thing. The fans didn't protest the players or try and override the match. It also didn't force Martinez to see the banners, but it was there and something for the board to see.

I liked how it targeted the board as its audience rather than the team or the manager. Heckling the man is just not on.

Sounds like a dead man walking to me.
Also the fact the Everton twitter account didn't promote his press conference on Thursday and didn't quote anything he said either. Just simply reported the injury news without even mentioning him.

Bits in bold - he's never taken responsibility for the results, it's always something different. For the second one - he's brought away form into it AGAIN, despite that also being crap, and said he needs to correct that, which is great.

Except 2 weeks ago he said he's not changing anything, as his style is a winning style.

He's taking the piss surely?

Bits in bold - he's never taken responsibility for the results, it's always something different. For the second one - he's brought away form into it AGAIN, despite that also being crap, and said he needs to correct that, which is great.

Except 2 weeks ago he said he's not changing anything, as his style is a winning style.

He's taking the piss surely?

Without doubt.

Hes a nice man tho.

Actions of a snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back