Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be some banners tomorrow, and against Sunderland I would imagine.

I actually think Martinez is finished anyway, so I'm just going to chill in the garden, neck a few beers, and enjoy the warm weather we're having.
It's been very warm here in NZ as well. I was down in Bombay (south of Auckland) helping a mate with his vegetables (Bombay is like the market gardening mecca. Incidentally, it's called Bombay because so many Indians settled there decades back).
Anyway, I was down there a couple of days ago and it was 26 degrees!. That's unseasonably warm for May in NZ.
The beaches round where I live also still have many sunbathers and swimmers.
Unusual.

It's been very warm here in NZ as well. I was down in Bombay (south of Auckland) helping a mate with his vegetables (Bombay is like the market gardening mecca. Incidentally, it's called Bombay because so many Indians settled there decades back).
Anyway, I was down there a couple of days ago and it was 26 degrees!. That's unseasonably warm for May in NZ.
Unusual.

Think Sunday it's up to 24 degrees here.

I'm about to take my son to his rugby match against Sacred Heart College. It's a bit cooler today but still very pleasant this morning. I intend to do not a lot today. It's been a tiring week. Fretting about potential Everton management appointments (or reappointment *shudders*) has lent me fitful sleep.
I hope it ends soon...

I'm about to take my son to his rugby match against Sacred Heart College. It's a bit cooler today but still very pleasant this morning. I intend to do not a lot today. It's been a tiring week. Fretting about potential Everton management appointments (or reappointment *shudders*) has lent me fitful sleep.
I hope it ends soon...
Can you not sell the NZ dream to roberto. You could be neighbours. Doh thats an aussie soap

Still spending your time stalking me kid?

Sorry i hurt your behind by saying people who criticising who do not go the game and are specifically having a go that those that do and are protesting is IMO wrong.

right now though you are reminding me of the tools on facebook who comment on friends of friends photos in a slightly creepy manner.

I await your intelligent response with baited breath
here you are having a meltdown again as someone called you out for the crying little punk you are. i will do it again and again until you change your ways you pathetic little maggot.

I know people say he's definitely gone at some point, but right now he's still here and it's really irritating me (for want of a stronger phrase that the swear filter wouldn't be too happy with).

Unusual.

I hope it ends soon...

May I at this time recommend you sign up for a Twitter account to keep us all posted on your daily movements?

http://www.theguardian.com/football...to-martinez-digs-in-protests?CMP=share_btn_tw

Everton’s manager Roberto Martínez digs in over fan protests
• Spaniard was subject to abuse when walking with wife
• I respect every fan’s opinion, Martínez adds

Roberto Martínez has said being the target of angry protests at Everton will not distract him from the task of correcting this season’s failings at Goodison Park.

The manager was subjected to abuse as he walked to his car with his wife, Beth, following the 2-1 win over Bournemouth last Saturday, their first win in eight games. Martínez has faced calls for his removal at several matches recently but insisted vitriol will not prompt him to walk away. “When you are Everton manager, you are in a position where you have to take responsibility and I do that for our performances and results,” he said in response to last week’s protests.

“We have had eight defeats at home and conceded 30 goals and that is not what we should be achieving. That’s how contrasting it is with our away form, with three defeats and 19 goals conceded. I respect every fan’s opinion. What I need to do is make sure I correct that. It is the top and bottom.

“At the moment, we have got three games left. Since the day I arrived, there are many steps to take to get to where we need to get. We are not there by any stretch of the imagination. We have been working since the window closed in January on many aspects of the next window and that is not going to change in the next few days. I am in communication with the chairman and the board on a daily basis. There is nothing different.”

Asked whether the board had discussed his position, Martínez replied: “That’s not for me to comment.”

He also admitted this season’s dismal return in the Premier League had shown the playing staff requires an overhaul, despite frequent assertions – often by Martínez himself – that he has constructed the club’s strongest squad in decades. “Clearly, yes,” he said when the subject was put to him. “I think in the last six windows, that is what we have done. We have gone from window to window improving and looking to get stronger and this summer will be the same.”

Horrible snidey little rat, GET OUT.

My heart just sank reading that and listening to sharp tonight, my missus might be right about taking up golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back