Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even his great ally Bill Kenwright has come to his defence recently. Hopefully that's the biggest sign that BK is no longer calling the shots and our Mr Moshiri wants rid. Finger's crossed. Since the semi final once obligatory press conferences and that's it. If he continues speaking BS like he is I won't feel guilty if he's thrown to the lions, brought it all on himself!

He's nuts isn't he.

Cannot wait until he is removed as Everton manager. Sick and tired of his constant crap. Hopefully just another 8 days as the thought of him still at the helm is enough for me to give up on football.

I agree with him.

When he arrived he was a relegated Wigan manager.

Now he has 3 years as Everton manager on his CV.

To be fair evidence is required for the opposite view: that he's going. Him staying is the status quo, and as he's still here there's no evidence needed to have the opinion he's staying. As in science, to challenge the status quo the onus is on the challenger to provide the argument.

Hmm not sure I agree, as the accepted wisdom is that he is going. So if someone says he is not, an explanation would help his or her case.

He's nuts isn't he.

Cannot wait until he is removed as Everton manager. Sick and tired of his constant crap. Hopefully just another 8 days as the thought of him still at the helm is enough for me to give up on football.

Utterly, utterly potty...I didn't want to get to the point where I actually really dislike him...but I'm now approaching that. I just wanted him to off, announce he's offing, get a bit of a clap for trying and then a clean slate all round. But some of the stuff he's saying is stinky-desperate and hurts me in the mind & the eyes and makes me think that all i'm gonna remember about him is he's a bad tit. Which could well be a really fair assessment...

Y'know what's odd, I have it on the finest authority that he's a studious guy, reads shed loads about management/other managers/PR management...the lot....yet...hmmmm...he seems to absorb none of this in favour of chatting a variation of fog & waffle.

A baffling & confusing & infuriating man...

Same here too mate

The one constant in my life mate, the thing i look forward to the most is Everton at the weekend. I think he's done a bloody superb job in creating a situation where fans now don't look forward to the game and fear what crap he is going to come out with the day before.

Honestly, how can he say he is in a stronger position than when he started? Our worst home record in the history of our existence, one of the worst away derby performances we are ever likely to see, mistake after mistake after mistake and poor gake management gake after game. The only answer i have is that he is just trying to wind up Evertonians.

I feel sorry for any club he ends up at next i really do because these last 2 years have felt like a lifetime listening to this fella chat bubbles.

Hmm not sure I agree, as the accepted wisdom is that he is going. So if someone says he is not, an explanation would help his or her case.

It's not exactly 'accepted wisdom', it's expected but in the absence of official statements or concrete evidence the status quo is still the prevailing situation. Hence someone saying he's staying is just someone who, in the absence of other information, believes nothing will change.

Utterly, utterly potty...I didn't want to get to the point where I actually really dislike him...but I'm now approaching that. I just wanted him to off, announce he's offing, get a bit of a clap for trying and then a clean slate all round. But some of the stuff he's saying is stinky-desperate and hurts me in the mind & the eyes and makes me think that all i'm gonna remember about him is he's a bad tit. Which could well be a really fair assessment...

Y'know what's odd, I have it on the finest authority that he's a studious guy, reads shed loads about management/other managers/PR management...the lot....yet...hmmmm...he seems to absorb none of this in favour of chatting a variation of fog & waffle.

I know mate. I am sure he is a top man to talk football with and a genuine nice guy. But as our manager i 100% cannot stand his philosophy,ideas, him opening his mouth and i genuinely dislike him because of that. In the last week alone we have had him basically say the way Leicester play will gaurentee you wins and success but that doesnt matter and then now he is blatantly lying about his position being stronger.

In my lifetime i have seen

Kendall
Harvey
Jimmy Gabriel caretaker
Dave Watson caretaker
Moyes
Royle
Walker

Martinez has surpassed Mike Walker as the most clueless and inept manager we have ever had, he absolutely does my head in.

I think he's a dead man walking as far as his Everton career is concerned, and I think once it became clear he wasn't being binned off immediately after the Derby or the cup Semi, then he was likely to last to the end of the season.

Both parties probably feel end of season mutual agreement will suit them better as it means Martinez doesn't have a "sacked" on his record and we try to maintain a degree of "not a sacking club"

The one constant in my life mate, the thing i look forward to the most is Everton at the weekend. I think he's done a bloody superb job in creating a situation where fans now don't look forward to the game and fear what crap he is going to come out with the day before.

Honestly, how can he say he is in a stronger position than when he started? Our worst home record in the history of our existence, one of the worst away derby performances we are ever likely to see, mistake after mistake after mistake and poor gake management gake after game. The only answer i have is that he is just trying to wind up Evertonians.

I feel sorry for any club he ends up at next i really do because these last 2 years have felt like a lifetime listening to this fella chat bubbles.

...y'know the big thing for me with that comment MAC...is it's insulting innit, to a pretty loyal and patient fanbase, it's massively insulting. And the implication of it - at the most obvious level - is that it's basically him saying '...don't worry, I've got this covered' like we are unable to fathom his genius & masterplan and we can't, as mere mortals, understand, see nor appreciate what it is he's doing. He is above us, that's what he feels, and he tells us so through cak like this.

'I am in a stronger position than when I started'.

SOUND.

#TIT

I've known plenty of individuals like this (outside football). They become so sure of their method that they lose perception for how they're perceived by others. Results only have relevance if they're positive as they prove the method works. Negative results are dismissed as being part of the journey to the positive.

It's a personality trait and isn't necessarily a bad one. But not one I'd wish for an Everton manager, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back