Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely now it would make sense for them to make the announcement immediately before the Norwich game, rather than after? He can do his press conference and confirmation could be made any time on Friday or Saturday.

I want him out, but it would be better all round to avoid further protests and let those fans who want at least to show some appreciation for his efforts, if nothing else, do so, after the game. I don't want things to resort to Martinez having to just slink off from the club like a thief in the night. He is going, and there is simply no need to make things any more unpleasant for him than is necessary.

If they are not going to take that route, then I would expect things to be clarified by the Monday at the absolute, total, latest.

My feelings are he is gone, but the club are keeping it quiet to keep the pressure off on other managers we are targeting.

Lets take a hypothetical scenario. We want Mourinho. We sack Martinez, this could force united or PSG to play their hand, or Mourinho to flat out reject us until they have. Much easier to do our business quietly, without the pressure of the world knowing we are after a new manager.

Thought so, but yet some people are refusing to see the signs

Shocking isn't it mate?

This screams to me he is staying

Yep he is staying

And bang there is another piece which adds to my thoughts that he is staying

If he stays then for the first time ever my interest for next season will be zero, and that thought is killing me, especially reading the Galloway thread where he has supposed to have said he is defo staying

I lost faith in him at Hull last year. A top manager wouldn't have seen even a third of that game and kept it the same. We were dreadful and he had no answers. To have that level of players and not be able to raise them from dreadful is unforgivable.

Mine was when Southampton beat us 3-0 they absolutely battered us and he said there was no difference in the 2 teams except 3 goals. I remember coming home on the coach thinking to myself that he's lost the plot completely. We were second best all over the park that day it could of been 6 or 7 .

You are totally right up until yesterday's press conference I still had doubts he would be leaving, I can only apologise

52450530.jpg

And personally I think this is the reason why we cannot announce our new manager:

"The Eredivisie title race will go to the wire on Sunday with defending champions PSV Eindhoven and current leaders Ajax level on points heading into their final game of the season.

• By Michael Bell
  • Follow Michael on Twitter
In what should be the most exciting final day of the season in the Netherlands for years, the race for the title couldn’t be closer with PSV and Ajax locked on 81 points.

Ajax, who have led the table for 26 weeks of the season, travel to second-bottom De Graafschap knowing a win should be enough for Frank de Boer to get his hands on the title for the fifth time in six years. Their superior goal difference of +6 over PSV should be enough for the Amsterdam side should their rivals also pick up a win at PEC Zwolle. However, any slip up in Doetinchem for Ajax will present PSV with the opportunity to win their second successive title."

From http://www.football-oranje.com/psv-ajax-prepare-final-day-title-fight/

Hopefully we should be able to announce Roberto's departure in the next week, once Frank has celebrated winning the Dutch title again with Ajax and told them he is off to Everton (bringing his coaches and 2-3 players with him, inshallah)

Last edited:
Frank De Boer would certainly be an improvement but I would prefer Pelligrini for a couple of years to get us back on an even keel. Then go for someone like De Boer. But if it is him I won't be complaining, it will just be a relief to see the back of Martinez.

Frank De Boer would certainly be an improvement but I would prefer Pelligrini for a couple of years to get us back on an even keel. Then go for someone like De Boer. But if it is him I won't be complaining, it will just be a relief to see the back of Martinez.
Explain this please? Why not get him from the outset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back