Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one constant in my life mate, the thing i look forward to the most is Everton at the weekend. I think he's done a bloody superb job in creating a situation where fans now don't look forward to the game and fear what crap he is going to come out with the day before.

Honestly, how can he say he is in a stronger position than when he started? Our worst home record in the history of our existence, one of the worst away derby performances we are ever likely to see, mistake after mistake after mistake and poor gake management gake after game. The only answer i have is that he is just trying to wind up Evertonians.

I feel sorry for any club he ends up at next i really do because these last 2 years have felt like a lifetime listening to this fella chat bubbles.
Tbh I gave him a chance after last year Europe and all that but this season the bubble has burst mate he talks utter rubbish got no respect for the fans I want Everton to be the best win the best and play the best ! I reckon with a different manager we could of made considerable catch up in the league but now we're even more behind we've got 7 teams to play catch up to not like 4 anymore and the blame lay,s at Martinez and kenwright for taking us backwards mate

...y'know the big thing for me with that comment MAC...is it's insulting innit, to a pretty loyal and patient fanbase, it's massively insulting. And the implication of it - at the most obvious level - is that it's basically him saying '...don't worry, I've got this covered' like we are unable to fathom his genius & masterplan and we can't, as mere mortals, understand, see nor appreciate what it is he's doing. He is above us, that's what he feels, and he tells us so through cak like this.

'I am in a stronger position than when I started'.

SOUND.

#TIT

I just don't know how he's been allowed to get away with it as the past 9 months he has just wound up Evertonians with his constant crap.

Like you said and regardless of what a small minority think when having a pop at the home fans about creating a bad atmosphere, Evertonians are very loyal and VERY patient. He has been given enough time to change his blatant flaws but is incapable and unwilling to do so. Counting down the days mate, hopefully not long to go before we are shut of him.

Tbh I gave him a chance after last year Europe and all that but this season the bubble has burst mate he talks utter rubbish got no respect for the fans I want Everton to be the best win the best and play the best ! I reckon with a different manager we could of made considerable catch up in the league but now we're even more behind we've got 7 teams to play catch up to not like 4 anymore and the blame lay,s at Martinez and kenwright for taking us backwards mate

Yep, 2 seasons wastsd with this squad and someone is going to have to come in and sort the mess out

Surely now it would make sense for them to make the announcement immediately before the Norwich game, rather than after? He can do his press conference and confirmation could be made any time on Friday or Saturday.

I want him out, but it would be better all round to avoid further protests and let those fans who want at least to show some appreciation for his efforts, if nothing else, do so, after the game. I don't want things to resort to Martinez having to just slink off from the club like a thief in the night. He is going, and there is simply no need to make things any more unpleasant for him than is necessary.

If they are not going to take that route, then I would expect things to be clarified by the Monday at the absolute, total, latest.

Surely now it would make sense for them to make the announcement immediately before the Norwich game, rather than after? He can do his press conference and confirmation could be made any time on Friday or Saturday.

I want him out, but it would be better all round to avoid further protests and let those fans who want at least to show some appreciation for his efforts, if nothing else, do so, after the game. I don't want things to resort to Martinez having to just slink off from the club like a thief in the night. He is going, and there is simply no need to make things any more unpleasant for him than is necessary.

This would make a lot of sense. If the club don't do it you'd have to question their judgement, which isn't the best sign of a rosy future ahead.

I just don't know how he's been allowed to get away with it as the past 9 months he has just wound up Evertonians with his constant crap.

Like you said and regardless of what a small minority think when having a pop at the home fans about creating a bad atmosphere, Evertonians are very loyal and VERY patient. He has been given enough time to change his blatant flaws but is incapable and unwilling to do so. Counting down the days mate, hopefully not long to go before we are shut of him.

....can't come quick enough for me now MAC, I'm starting to find him a tad embarrassing. That said, I dig the silence aspect at the moment because it makes it known things are moving behind the scenes.

BK has served his purpose also, he needs to shift as well. The boob.

Come on finish the season strong Bobby lad,, then spend some of Moshi's money and fire us up the league next season.

I lost faith in him at Hull last year. A top manager wouldn't have seen even a third of that game and kept it the same. We were dreadful and he had no answers. To have that level of players and not be able to raise them from dreadful is unforgivable.

I think he's been told he's off weeks ago - before the Arsenal game, when they all came out with faces like a spanked bum and played like they were wearing slippers. There was a derby game and a Cup semi to get through and he was given a shot at winning the Cup. In the background we will have been lining up someone that is in a situation where they are still considering the offer but are committed to their current club's on field activities until the end of their season. We'll be told after the Norwich game about the 'mutual consent' and Everton will wish him well but now the Club are replacing him with a higher caliber manager, able to make full use of the new investment and a statement of future intent from Moshiri. All his public guff in the past weeks is to polish up his CV for somewhere else. At least it's this scenario, with The Esk's musings that are keeping me sane. It's pants to have to listen to him and watch the performances in the meantime but worth it in the long run.

I know mate. I am sure he is a top man to talk football with and a genuine nice guy. But as our manager i 100% cannot stand his philosophy,ideas, him opening his mouth and i genuinely dislike him because of that. In the last week alone we have had him basically say the way Leicester play will gaurentee you wins and success but that doesnt matter and then now he is blatantly lying about his position being stronger.

In my lifetime i have seen

Kendall
Harvey
Jimmy Gabriel caretaker
Dave Watson caretaker
Moyes
Royle
Walker

Martinez has surpassed Mike Walker as the most clueless and inept manager we have ever had, he absolutely does my head in.

Were you in a coma for the Walter Smith reign?

Refusing to talk about contracts for next season is quite telling...

I think it tells us he hasn't been given any assurances of his future. He said yesterday that he was in contact with the chairman and the board on a daily basis.

There is absolutely no way that if they'd said to him he will be backed in the summer that he wouldn't have gleefully told the press about it.

His comments also suggest, to me at least, that he hasn't been told he is going either. I'm not saying that decision hasn't been taken at board level but certainly I think he is as in the dark as all of us as to what will happen come the season end.

The whole situation isn't doing anyone any favours to be honest. It's not helping fan morale and it can't be helping morale inside the playing side of the club either.

It does worry me, though, when they wheel out the likes of Sharp and Stuart to try and drum up support though!

I think it tells us he hasn't been given any assurances of his future. He said yesterday that he was in contact with the chairman and the board on a daily basis.

There is absolutely no way that if they'd said to him he will be backed in the summer that he wouldn't have gleefully told the press about it.

His comments also suggest, to me at least, that he hasn't been told he is going either. I'm not saying that decision hasn't been taken at board level but certainly I think he is as in the dark as all of us as to what will happen come the season end.

The whole situation isn't doing anyone any favours to be honest. It's not helping fan morale and it can't be helping morale inside the playing side of the club either.

It does worry me, though, when they wheel out the likes of Sharp and Stuart to try and drum up support though!
Re him not being told, did he say in the guardian that it wasn't for him to comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back