Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the buttered side is now Moshiri not Bill?

I know he's a big character, carries a lot of recent history, but actually he's no longer got any power and if as suspected he has backed RM, increasingly less influence. This is not a personal attack on him just looking at the reality of the situation.

I doubt he can even carry the support of Elstone on the board for much longer. Elstone is the only board member dependent upon his current position to earn his living. That being the case Moshiri must be more relevant to Elstone looking forward than Bill is.
The tide is turning for sure, but Bill still has considerable influence and to suggest if push came to shove Woods would side against Bill then I'm not buying that, no matter what you presume to know...

The tide is turning for sure, but Bill still has considerable influence and to suggest if push came to shove Woods would side against Bill then I'm not buying that, no matter what you presume to know...
What's Bill going to do if Mr Moshiri then turns around and as says I'm selling up and out?
Bill is finished. Not risking it all over Roberto Martinez.

At this stage last season we were also on 44 points. Two seasons, two shipwrecks.
My bleeding eyes and injured loyalty demand succour.
Please let the pain end...

You can say that again. In that time, of the current top 8 in the PL, we have won 5 games out of 32!! Leaving out Soton and West Ham, we've won 1 out of 24!!
Now, I might be an overly demanding supporter, but I reckon those stats tell me Martinez is not much chop.
I appreciate some on here persist in insisting he is the man to take us forward.
With respect to my fellow Evertonians who harbour such view, I would strongly suggest that they are not allowing the facts to intrude on their wishful thinking.

What's Bill going to do if Mr Moshiri then turns around and as says I'm selling up and out?
As if Moshiri would come in hanging his bollocks out from day one, Bill still has major influence, Moshiri is yet to take a controlling stake, I have no dount Moshiri will be the making of this club, but it's early days yet and he does not want to rock the boat this early in the game, everything will come to him in due course...

Except mate he's never going to do that. Difficult I know as he's not disclosed anything in public but he's heavily committed to Everton. Bill and Jon are history, just a question of seeing out the agreements.

Similarly employees not coming up to Moshiri's standards will find their relationship with Everton coming to an end, just takes a little time.

As if Moshiri would come in hanging his bollocks out from day one, Bill still has major influence, Moshiri is yet to take a controlling stake, I have no dount Moshiri will be the making of this club, but it's early days yet and he does not want to rock the boat this early in the game, everything will come to him in due course...

Except mate he's never going to do that. Difficult I know as he's not disclosed anything in public but he's heavily committed to Everton. Bill and Jon are history, just a question of seeing out the agreements.

Similarly employees not coming up to Moshiri's standards will find their relationship with Everton coming to an end, just takes a little time.
That was a hypothetical comment from me to indicate Bill is not going to go and rock the Moshiri boat over Roberto Martinez.
And he is done.

You can say that again. In that time, of the current top 8 in the PL, we have won 5 games out of 32!! Leaving out Soton and West Ham, we've won 1 out of 24!!
Now, I might be an overly demanding supporter, but I reckon those stats tell me Martinez is not much chop.
I appreciate some on here persist in insisting he is the man to take us forward.
With respect to my fellow Evertonians who harbour such view, I would strongly suggest that they are not allowing the facts to intrude on their wishful thinking.
I would be interested in hearing from @mkrudden. He's generally pretty savvy on his football , so I'm wondering whether he still considers Roberto the "man to take us forward".

Surely the buttered side is now Moshiri not Bill?

I know he's a big character, carries a lot of recent history, but actually he's no longer got any power and if as suspected he has backed RM, increasingly less influence. This is not a personal attack on him just looking at the reality of the situation.

I doubt he can even carry the support of Elstone on the board for much longer. Elstone is the only board member dependent upon his current position to earn his living. That being the case Moshiri must be more relevant to Elstone looking forward than Bill is.
On a much more basic level, the board had to watch that game today, the derby, half a dozen other aimless performances since Christmas alone.
They will know that it isn't close to being good enough. Bill Kenwright will know that it isn't good enough. He has always been very loyal , but it is gone beyond that and I am sure he knows that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back