Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice of him to blame 9 out of 10 outfield players (all bar Pennington)

Bound to get them out of their enforced lethargy before Wednesday.. all this after the "incredible intensity" of the performance against Bournemouth..

Perhaps they're tired.

Board leaves manager to hang
Manager leaves players out to dry
Players either get sick note or fail to turn up for work focussed on the job..
Press love it and continue the Klopp love-in (he who can do no wrong even when inciting trouble in Switzerland).

I really dislike that Uni-Qlo jacket he keeps wearing.

roberto-martinez-premier-league-everton-v-southampton_z3m95dibfr591ez1ue5lgojx5.jpg

I have a long-standing view that football is all about short-termism and a project like the current manager had when he joined the Club can't be easily done in 3 seasons. You may quote Ranieri, and that's fine, but will he be as successful next season? I don't think so, so what will they do, sack him for regression?
I also think certain players have done the Club a huge disservice by playing for themselves, not holding their hands up when they've made schoolboy errors, spoken to the press when they should keep stuff in house and generally thinking they're much better than they are. All this crap about wanting to play in the CL is nonsense....it's about bigger salaries nothing more. If Everton offered Lukaku twice as much per month as a CL side I know where he'd be playing. And besides, most Clubs have zero chance of winning the CL and those that qualifying generally get 4-5 games before being dumped by the big guns.
I accept Martinez is on really thin ice, and that forum-wise getting rid is a popular choice. I was ridiculed a couple of weeks ago for saying the forum view wasn't neccesarily representative of the match day crowd view, and Saturdays protest confirmed that for me. Around 100 from a crowd of 36,000 to 37,000. I understand some want to protest, and it was done in the proper way, with the exception of idiots giving the manager grief in the car park. But the numbers were less than a single percentage point. I'm not into stats but that's hardly a sway of opinion.
In terms of when it's right for the manager to go I'd say 10-12 games into the new season when he knows what he has squad-wise and if we're not picking up points at home and sat below 6th or 7th.
Not a popular view on here but an honest one nonetheless. Be nice to have an opinion without the usual suspects attacking it.....it is what it is, I respect the 'out' vote if that's what you want, so let's see a little bit of reciprocation.
Everton as a Club have always stood shoulders above everyone else where class and dignity are concerned - Saturday's tribute to the families of the 96 epitomised it, and I think RM has that in bundles and has put together a really promising squad - so, I'd like to see him given some time.
Just what is this "PROJECT" that Booby is supposed to be working on & for which 3 years is inadequate a time frame to show progress on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back