Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing, innit? Even middling smaller clubs have pulled the trigger sooner.

I agree, but we are a club in flux at the moment. We all want revolution, change, but the thing is, in business it's not going to work like that. I'm all for having a go at Kenwright and Martinez, but it's too soon to be casting doubts on Moshiri.

If we are going into the new season with the old guard still at the helm, I'm right with you brother, somehow I don't think it's gonna play out like that.

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.

Agreed the board are a disgrace

Usually go with my daughter and 6yr old grandson, seriously thinking of swerving the match if he's in charge, if I do go I wont be staying for the lap of shame, the place could be a nasty place to be come 5o'clock Sunday.

The peoples club seem on a totally different hymn sheet than the people. We look like fools turning up on mass, renewing our season tickets in April with this shambles. If the club had any clue they'd swerve the lap of honour/appreciation. I'd personally appreciate 11 well managed players on the pitch who give it their all every week.We've watched them play badly so many times and had them walk over to us and clap apologetically... it loses its sincerity week in week out followed by the usual Twitter spiel 'sorry for letting you down, great fans, next week, onwards and upwards."

I wouldn't exactly describe the atmosphere as a 'bear pit'. Other than on forums and Twitter, the atmosphere has been more like Father Teds protest against blue movies.

maxresdefault.jpg

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now

I agreed with everything up to this point.

Take pride in who we are and what we've achieved even though it's a travesty in what we've become. I'd take us over any club anyday, they don't hold a candle against our record. Nobody does, in all of football.

I agreed with everything up to this point.

Take pride in who we are and what we've achieved even though it's a travesty in what we've become. I'd take us over any club anyday, they don't hold a candle against our record. Nobody does, in all of football.

Eventually the worm always turns friend.

When the worm turns and Everton start again. Those laughing now better watch out!!! :coffee:

I wouldn't exactly describe the atmosphere as a 'bear pit'. Other than on forums and Twitter, the atmosphere has been more like Father Teds protest against blue movies.

maxresdefault.jpg

True, really. That post-match protest after Bournemouth numbered about 50 heads.

_89522135_everton_protests_pa.jpg

The board are hardly gonna think revolution is in the air after that.

Pellegrini will be one of the names that could want the job, but I was told he is wanted by a few other clubs and Manu have been looking his way and Charlton been pushing or him.
Plus Southampton are looking at him but this could be to force Koeman into a new contract.

What I'm trying to tell you is (i) we are seeking a replacement manager and (ii) there are at least two highly desirable candidates interested in filling the vacancy.

I'm telling you as much as I can

Really depends if one sees De Boer or Koeman as "highly desirable". Pellegrini is perhaps also debatable, but that's mostly because we're cynical of the influence of money in City's success, and them finishing outside the top 3 in a season like this.

Honestly I think only Jose would excite the fanbase unanimously.

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.

Totally agree with this..as much as we all seem to agree that Bobby's time is done, the vast majority don't actually dislike the man. This is starting to change as fans get more and more frustrated with the lack of effort from the players and their desire to play for the manager.
The board need to act now and end it before it starts to get really nasty and personal..as you say, this doesn't sit well with me as an Evertonian who prides himself on the way his club and fans act

Really depends if one sees De Boer or Koeman as "highly desirable". Pellegrini is perhaps also debatable, but that's mostly because we're cynical of the influence of money in City's success, and them finishing outside the top 3 in a season like this.

Jose would have the whole fan base excitable and the press would be excitable, and a better coup them klopp for the R's. Jose would also put him in his place but is our board even ambitious for this. We haven't even sacked Martinez yet.

Id say 'highly desirable' would be Mourinho and De Boer myself. Think the whole fan base could get behind either of those two.

Could see a split in the fan base for Pellegrini and Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back