Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a manager who we can all get behind and the fan base and people at the club are excited about their arrival.

Jose falls into that category as does FDB IMO. Both have won major honours, one is considered an up and coming manager, my only reservations with Mourinho is that he carries a bit of baggage.

Pelligrini and Koeman do not really excite, despite Pelligrini's excellent pedigree. He will be seen as somebody who failed with a blank cheque book at man city. Not my view on him, but I think the young players need somebody who also excites them to work for which goes against Pelligrini.

Favre is the dark horse possibly. No other names in the frame really do it for me.

Everton isn't a big name, frankly.

According to who? Sky, other fans, the media. You buy into that narrative then we are dead.

You know why we sing, if you know you're history? Because we've got it. We're an institution mate. Sure at the moment that's all we've got. We're one of the biggest names in football brother, cause we started it. They'd be nothing without us, if you want to talk about big clubs, money, fine, I'd go along with you. Heritage is a different matter, you can't buy that, you earn it.

Anybody who represents our club should feel honoured. Leicester won the league today, big deal, we won it before they were even born.

No way on earth the club could let it sit for another three weeks after the season.

Not saying they wouldn't, but it would be utterly egregious. Even if you can't sack him until June, put out a statement signalling the intent.

They've gone this far, I don't doubt they'd be willing to drag it on further, especially when the season is over, there are no more weekly humiliations to suffer and people will be thinking about other things. The board obviously have little regard for the fans. The only reason they may feel the need to do something soon is to secure early season ticket renewals.

I'd be fine with that if it saves us a couple of million. If it doesn't happen before our last game (which it won't), it won't make any difference if it's immediately after our last game or some time in June, other than some people winding themselves up.
It would be a shame to lose out on a top coach for the sake of saving a few bob on Martinez's pay off.Waiting is not we need to be doing at this moment in time.

I'd be fine with that if it saves us a couple of million. If it doesn't happen before our last game (which it won't), it won't make any difference if it's immediately after our last game or some time in June, other than some people winding themselves up.
The more I think about this the less it makes sense. We've already dropped one place in the league (since after the semi final) which has cost us £1.2 million. There's 4 teams within 2 points of us, we lose our last two games and we could easily lose another few million.

Football is a passion and a way of life for us, but for the board it's still a business....

I don't get this 'board should be merciful and sack him now for his own good' nonsense... Especially if it's going to cost a lot more money than biding their time.

It's not about 'offering to Resign' ....he can just 'resign' ....he may have to serve notice, but I don't believe under English law that a resignation can be refused!

On that basis.... he's making his own bed.... let him lie in it!

I believe he's dragging it out got get the most money out of the club that he can.... If that is the case then as far as I'm concerned he continues to bring all this upon himself!

....So roll on the walk of shame

Can't wait to see him go, but I have faith in Moshiri ......and I can be patient

Wouldn't say De Boer would be highly desirable, I don't even get the whole hype for him.

I think it's because of 3 things:

1) he's a well-known world-class former player
2) Ajax is also well-known for excellent youth setup
3) he would hopefully bring his staff with him, including Bergkamp & Jaap Stam

I get the appeal, I'm just cautious about his lack of experience in a more challenging league. Winning the Eredivisie multiple times with a famous club like Ajax isn't all that big an achievement.

According to who? Sky, other fans, the media. You buy into that narrative then we are dead.

You know why we sing, if you know you're history? Because we've got it. We're an institution mate. Sure at the moment that's all we've got. We're one of the biggest names in football brother, cause we started it. They'd be nothing without us, if you want to talk about big clubs, money, fine, I'd go along with you. Heritage is a different matter, you can't buy that, you earn it.

Anybody who represents our club should feel honoured. Leicester won the league today, big deal, we won it before they were even born.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

I think it would be reasonable to assume that one of these is Pellegrini, he will soon be available, lives in the north-west (I assume) and has stated a desire to stay in the Premier League.

And of the four names the club were interested in, two of those have recipocrated the interest in us.
Esk what bracket would you place De Boer in? I would personally be very happy with that appointment,Would you?

They've gone this far, I don't doubt they'd be willing to drag it on further, especially when the season is over, there are no more weekly humiliations to suffer and people will be thinking about other things. The board obviously have little regard for the fans. The only reason they may feel the need to do something soon is to secure early season ticket renewals.
Are hey really interested in ST sales, with all the money they get from Sky, just wondering like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back