Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The board are hardly gonna think revolution is in the air after that.

Who knew about it? Was it in the Echo, on this site or others? Scorn all you want. Do you think if word got around it wouldn't have been larger?

Let me tell you something mate, from, Bingham, Lee and and onwards, (yeah some of us got it wrong over Kendall) bottom line is some stuck their neck out and others followed suit. Until it became a consensus. The Board are custodians and some are in it for the money for sure.

But when Evertonians wake up and get together, we dictate what happens at our club. You'd be a fool to go against that.

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.
Good post mate. Yesterday for me was a low as it gets .. Our club is in a mess at the moment ... Clueless manager and players who have given up .. The right thing to do now is to get rid of Martinez this week or at least announce he is going after the Norwich game .. Will make Sunday some sort of occasion at least then . Otherwise it's going to be a black day at Goodson next Sunday ...the worst part for me was having to sit in that ground yesterday surrounded by there fans in our seats ... That for me shows the level we have got to

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

200% this

Jose would have the whole fan base excitable and the press would be excitable, and a better coup them klopp for the R's. Jose would also put him in his place but is our board even ambitious for this. We haven't even sacked Martinez yet.

agreed...and also agreed that without any club statement that Martinez is even leaving all this might be moot.

Imagine it...if we don't bag any of these 3/4 candidates we're after, then we're stuck with Bobby still. That's probably why he's not been sacked yet, as he might still be here next season.

We're not Man Utd, or even Liverpool...no guarantee we can attract a high-end manager. Everton isn't a big name, frankly.

Id say 'highly desirable' would be Mourinho and De Boer myself. Think the whole fan base could get behind either of those two.

Could see a split in the fan base for Pellegrini and Koeman.

Disagree about De Boer. He's no experience of a high-level league. At least 5 other leagues outrank the Dutch one. We've also seen the likes of Martin Jol, Advocaat and latterly Van Gaal who've been highly-respected and won the Eredivisie multiple times but haven't really set the Prem alight.

But when Evertonians wake up and get together, we dictate what happens at our club. You'd be a fool to go against that.

okay mate.

I think the Esk's theory about agreements being in place that the manager can't be sacked until the end of season unless the board is unanimous makes sense. In which case Kenwright is the problem in this and he really needs to change his mind and something needs to be done before the final home game.

I was told last night that we are waiting until 1 June before sacking him. Apparently there are is a clause in his contract that would allow the club to sack for considerably less after 1 June.

I'm not ITK, I'm just passing on the limited information I was told. I'm not sure we could cope with another month of uncertainty.

I was told last night that we are waiting until 1 June before sacking him. Apparently there are is a clause in his contract that would allow the club to sack for considerably less after 1 June.

I'm not ITK, I'm just passing on the limited information I was told. I'm not sure we could cope with another month of uncertainty.

Old news mate x

I'd be fine with that if it saves us a couple of million. If it doesn't happen before our last game (which it won't), it won't make any difference if it's immediately after our last game or some time in June, other than some people winding themselves up.

What I'm trying to tell you is (i) we are seeking a replacement manager and (ii) there are at least two highly desirable candidates interested in filling the vacancy.

I'm telling you as much as I can

I think it would be reasonable to assume that one of these is Pellegrini, he will soon be available, lives in the north-west (I assume) and has stated a desire to stay in the Premier League.

And of the four names the club were interested in, two of those have recipocrated the interest in us.

I'd be fine with that if it saves us a couple of million. If it doesn't happen before our last game (which it won't), it won't make any difference if it's immediately after our last game or some time in June, other than some people winding themselves up.

No way on earth the club could let it sit for another three weeks after the season.

Not saying they wouldn't, but it would be utterly egregious. Even if you can't sack him until June, put out a statement signalling the intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back