Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't type last night as I was far too pi$$ed off and for me, yesterday was far worse than the lfc game.

A few points......
the team has lost all structure to it.

Oviedo at right back?? Please.
I'd rather have hibbert there. I hate this square pegs round holes nonsense. Right back has been shambolic since seamus' injury - and some would say before.

if James McCarthy is not running around and winning balls then he's useless to us. He's not good enough.

Ross Barkley frustrates the life out of me. I hate watching him play at the minute. I'm not sure whether he lacks confidence or is over confident. Can't work the lad out. But on saying that I actually saw some minute glimpses that he actually gives a crap yesterday. He won his first tackle of the season

So disappointed again to find out after that shambles that there has been no movement within the hierarchy of the club to remove Martinez immediately. I have a ST in the park end and Sunday next week I will be joining in any anti Martinez songs so the board is fully aware of the feelings of the growing majority of the fanbase. I don't like myself for joining in tbh, but Everton are doing it to me.

Finally - Funnily enough I had an email from Everton this week asking if I was considering renewing my 2 tickets for next year as members had expressed an interest in moving lounges (I'm in people's club). I told the guy verbally against Bournemouth about my feelings now over Martinez and reiterated on my response. I won't be renewing if he is in charge come 25 May.
The email come across as a fishing mail to get opinions rather than what was written in it about requests to move seats from other fans. I really believe they are trying to gauge fans opinions before making a decision. I hope other people replied with the same response if they received similar.

Talking of which.....

Another group of people (not those of the special one) have been talking to our people about the forthcoming manager vacancy and made significant progress.

We may well have a choice to make in the next few weeks.
Are these people from the 4 candidates you've mentioned or are they people from another candidate?

It also went wrong here
Couldn't type last night as I was far too pi$$ed off and for me, yesterday was far worse than the lfc game.

A few points......
the team has lost all structure to it.

Oviedo at right back?? Please.
I'd rather have hibbert there. I hate this square pegs round holes nonsense. Right back has been shambolic since seamus' injury - and some would say before.

if James McCarthy is not running around and winning balls then he's useless to us. He's not good enough.

Ross Barkley frustrates the life out of me. I hate watching him play at the minute. I'm not sure whether he lacks confidence or is over confident. Can't work the lad out. But on saying that I actually saw some minute glimpses that he actually gives a crap yesterday. He won his first tackle of the season

So disappointed again to find out after that shambles that there has been no movement within the hierarchy of the club to remove Martinez immediately. I have a ST in the park end and Sunday next week I will be joining in any anti Martinez songs so the board is fully aware of the feelings of the growing majority of the fanbase. I don't like myself for joining in tbh, but Everton are doing it to me.

Finally - Funnily enough I had an email from Everton this week asking if I was considering renewing my 2 tickets for next year as members had expressed an interest in moving lounges (I'm in people's club). I told the guy verbally against Bournemouth about my feelings now over Martinez and reiterated on my response. I won't be renewing if he is in charge come 25 May.
The email come across as a fishing mail to get opinions rather than what was written in it about requests to move seats from other fans. I really believe they are trying to gauge fans opinions before making a decision. I hope other people replied with the same response if they received similar.

If things get nasty as goodsion then this is down to the board and no one else. Any tom and [Poor language removed] can see that the whole fan based is fed up and angry and need to remove Martinez so the fans can relax at the last home game knowing that the nightmare is over.

Your not fit to run our club.Your not fit to run our club.Your not fit your not fit etc.It will take more than the PA turning up the volume on the music to drown out the protests at the next home game.:D

You only have to look at the poistion Liverpool find themselves in and think how we were roughly in similar positions pre Klopp and now they are in a second final in a season and we could be lower mid table. Yes I'm all for the peoples friendly club, but sometimes you need to be ruthless.

Imagine Pellegrini in toga. He's looks like a reincarnation of ancient emperor. He shall

Thats the bad side taste innit yes

It does especially when they are happy for us to invest our time and hard earned money watching this complete dross. Typical capitalist pigs. Don't like the early signs of this Moshiri. Suddenly comes on board when the money is about to flood in. Barely said a word. His first easy decision to make and its not getting done for some reason or other (probs compo). Other teams would have pulled the trigger ages ago yet here we are week after week of turgid performances and he's still here.

I blame Billy Liar for letting things get to this stage, I've no doubt that he's using every single scrap of power he has left (even if that's just the power of persuasion) to keep his pal employed. Our new owner is only just settling in and no doubt he'd listen to an old hand who's been involved in the club for such a long tim like Kenwrong and not act rashly. It's infuriating and cringe worthy that the fraud is here but it's only for two games at and the reaction at the end of Norwich will leave no doubt about what the fans REALLY think.

Don't like the early signs of this Moshiri. Suddenly comes on board when the money is about to flood in. Barely said a word. His first easy decision to make and its not getting done for some reason or other (probs compo). Other teams would have pulled the trigger ages ago yet here we are week after week of turgid performances and he's still here.

That's the thing, innit? Even middling smaller clubs have pulled the trigger sooner.

If Moshiri and co end up getting us a manager who has no experience of winning big trophies from the 4 big leagues (Prem/Bundesliga/La Liga/Serie A) then we may be in for more disappointment.

Give the man a chance like. I admire you're hatred for capitalist pigs but you're coming off like a loose cannon.

Maybe he's binding his time, this has been Kenwright's show, don't judge a man before he has acted. Moshiri could be the one thing that turns us around.

He could be. Equally he might not be. Problem is he hasn't said anything of any value since he's come. See for me I cant aim any anger at Martinez anymore as its done now and there's no comeback for him. He's just a man who's not very good at his job so the longer this goes on that anger has to be aimed at where it rightfully belongs. And thats the board.

Good-bye-ee! good-bye-ee!
Wipe the tear, Bobby dear, from your eye-ee.
Tho' it's hard to part I know,
I'll be tickled to death ya go.
Don't cry-ee! don't sigh-ee!
There's a silver lining in the sky-ee.
Bonsoir old thing, cheerio! chin chin!
Nah-poo! Toodle-oo!
Good-bye-ee!

also a nice rendition of "Get rid Moshiri"...

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.

Usually go with my daughter and 6yr old grandson, seriously thinking of swerving the match if he's in charge, if I do go I wont be staying for the lap of shame, the place could be a nasty place to be come 5o'clock Sunday.

Remember that match against Spurs in October/November 1997 and the on pitch demonstration against Peter Johnston.I think we could be seeing similar scenes the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back