Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a shame to lose out on a top coach for the sake of saving a few bob on Martinez's pay off.Waiting is not we need to be doing at this moment in time.

WTF... this is a major appointment, for club ...and new manager.... Martinez going 1st June is not going make a potential future manager turn the job down FFS!

The more I think about this the less it makes sense. We've already dropped one place in the league (since after the semi final) which has cost us £1.2 million. There's 4 teams within 2 points of us, we lose our last two games and we could easily lose another few million.
We must be going for a big name, that's the only reason I can think of Martinez still being here. As you said the compo thing shouldn't really be a big thing we risk dropping like a stone with Martinez and losing millions in prize money so that argument doesn't really make sense.

They've left it so long the fanbase is so frustrated and angry with the board. If moshiri is as smart and savvy as he's made out to be hell know the replacement for Martinez needs to be someone everyone can get behind. It's just like Bill to be dithering taking too long to make decisions so on the other hand this sounds like something kenwright is still involved in quite heavily to me. The summer is going to absolutely huge for us.

We must be going for a big name, that's the only reason I can think of Martinez still being here. As you said the compo thing shouldn't really be a big thing we risk dropping like a stone with Martinez and losing millions in prize money so that argument doesn't really make sense.

They've left it so long the fanbase is so frustrated and angry with the board. If moshiri is as smart and savvy as he's made out to be hell know the replacement for Martinez needs to be someone everyone can get behind. It's just like Bill to be dithering taking too long to make decisions so on the other hand this sounds like something kenwright is still involved in quite heavily to me. The summer is going to absolutely huge for us.
Yeah we can't announce Emery until after he's beaten Liverpool in the Europa League final!

Talking of which.....

Another group of people (not those of the special one) have been talking to our people about the forthcoming manager vacancy and made significant progress.

We may well have a choice to make in the next few weeks.
Currently employed... Do they still have a pot of some description to play for this season?

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.
This 'saving a few quid' excuse looks quite shallow as u could have easily earned more by climbing up the table a few spots...
Of course, we dont know what the contract with El Fraudo states...

According to the Echo, Martin O'Neill is hot favourite with the bookies to be the new manager. He'd certainly steady the ship, but don't know if he's the out and out winner that we really need to take EFC forward..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back