Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...no cohesion has been the problem for many months. No partnerships, no buddies complimenting each other's play. Full backs who don't link with wide players, no purposeful passing they just meander aimlessly up the pitch and get caught in no-mans land with one long ball that exposes the CBs.

No expansive wingers for Barkley to find, no ammunition or partner for Lukaku instead everything compartmentlised. No cohesion. Look back at when we have been effective, attacking at pace with creative players. It's not rocket science, players who compliment each other is what makes a team.

Absolutely Eggs. There has been nothing like Baines and Pienaar or anything even remotely close. So many players playing out of position also though which is never good for oiling the cogs. I think Barkley is so wasted being played as deep as he has been.

I personally would not go for Martin O'Neill, I like his honesty and the way he conducts himself but I think he has not been successful enough and has been out of league football for too long. One thing I would say in his defence is that his players will play for him. He is a strong disciplinarian and would steady things.
We can do much better.

According to the Echo, Martin O'Neill is hot favourite with the bookies to be the new manager. He'd certainly steady the ship, but don't know if he's the out and out winner that we really need to take EFC forward..

Dont know whats worse.

The fact that the Echo made a story based around bookies odds.
The fact that you are using Bookies odds and Echo news storys.
The fact that you genuinely think Martin O'Neill would be good for EFC by 'steadying the ship'.

BK is very ill - might have other priorities at the moment....

If true I appreciate that and hope he can recover fully, but I'm not sure what relevance that has to what I'm saying. I don't think he's been a good thing for the club and think he should be nowhere near a position of influence now that he has sold the club for grossly more than it's worth.

If he's not well then what better time for him to step aside and retire before thinks potentially turn very sour.

Having sung "Get out of our club" and "Is full of [sh one t ]" to him this evening I feel I'm now 100% behind Team Plotter.

Likewise. There weren't many people singing it around me. To be fair, that is because I was surrounded by Leicester fans!

It appeared to be more vocal around the area of the "Martinez Out" banner.

By they way, I'm only on page 2558 and so apologies of this has already been raised, but did you notice that with ten minutes or so remaining the entire back-room staff and players playing no part or further part in the game disappeared down the tunnel?

Me and my lad saw it but it was when one of the many scuffles with Leicester fans was occurring and people were paying more attention to these than the game!

...no cohesion has been the problem for many months. No partnerships, no buddies complimenting each other's play. Full backs who don't link with wide players, no purposeful passing they just meander aimlessly up the pitch and get caught in no-mans land with one long ball that exposes the CBs.

No expansive wingers for Barkley to find, no ammunition or partner for Lukaku instead everything compartmentlised. No cohesion. Look back at when we have been effective, attacking at pace with creative players. It's not rocket science, players who compliment each other is what makes a team.
Great post. The most damning thing for Bob is that we do have those sorts of players who've been sat on the bench for most of the season. How long did it take him to drop Howard? Delofeu dropped when he was consistently providing early assists for rom. Cleverly on the wing. Niasse whos brought nothing to the squad AND he let's naismith go. Mirallas being in complete no man's land all season. He's been chopping and changing his team so much he doesn't even seem to know his best team.

Solid analysis, and I think exactly what Baines was wanting to say. "Cohesion" fits even better than "chemistry" to describe the issue.

The Everton board are now making Martinez suffer. I watched the TV interview after yesterday's game. The poor man must be dreading facing the press. What must it be like for him to go in front of the players.
He must know he is sacked, he must really need the "pay off" or else he would do the descent thing and resign.
I think he's so stubborn he still believes he can turn it around. He believes in himself which is admirable but nobody else does. Yesterday was even worse than the derby for me, besides cleverly and Robles, two of his Wigan lads, there was absolutely nothing from the players yesterday. Half hearted going through the motions, not fighting for the shirt or the manager who they know is under serious pressure. Yesterday erased any doubt in my mind the decisions been made that he's going.

I think he's so stubborn he still believes he can turn it around. He believes in himself which is admirable but nobody else does. Yesterday was even worse than the derby for me, besides cleverly and Robles, two of his Wigan lads, there was absolutely nothing from the players yesterday. Half hearted going through the motions, not fighting for the shirt or the manager who they know is under serious pressure. Yesterday erased any doubt in my mind the decisions been made that he's going.
Are you joking with Cleverley?

Robles was the only good player for us yesterday. All of the others were a disgrace to the name of Everton FC!

Cleverley... why did nobody else want him on a free transfer I wonder?

If true I appreciate that and hope he can recover fully, but I'm not sure what relevance that has to what I'm saying. I don't think he's been a good thing for the club and think he should be nowhere near a position of influence now that he has sold the club for grossly more than it's worth.

If he's not well then what better time for him to step aside and retire before thinks potentially turn very sour.
Kenwright will never give up getting his fat grid on the tele any time we do anything.

He is here in some shape or form until the end.

Absolute disgrace of a chairman that has led the club to where we are now.

How he has survived after three failed stadium moves, not investing in the playing squad and countless lies is beyond me.

Take Bill with you, Martinez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back