Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's so stubborn he still believes he can turn it around. He believes in himself which is admirable but nobody else does. Yesterday was even worse than the derby for me, besides cleverly and Robles, two of his Wigan lads, there was absolutely nothing from the players yesterday. Half hearted going through the motions, not fighting for the shirt or the manager who they know is under serious pressure. Yesterday erased any doubt in my mind the decisions been made that he's going.
There is the possibility that they know he's going.

It could well be common knowledge around FF, in which case the resentment that they've had towards him for months, means that his words now have zero impact on a group of players who'd lost respect for him and now know he's toast. So they're going through the motions.

His post match interview yesterday,is it just me? but he was referencing the Bournemouth game against yesterday and trying to make out we were on a par with Barcelona and had played with great "intensity"and how disappointed he was with yesterdays sham,I sat through that dirge last week,we were awful,Hibbert excepted,and could/should have been beat against a team who were on the beach.

How he has survived after three failed stadium moves, not investing in the playing squad and countless lies is beyond me.

Because he also has many good qualities:

- local lad and life-long Evertonian (for the romantics)
- solid management of club debts
- clever transfer policy (often selling players at a higher price than bought)
- shrewd appointment of Moyes back then, and initially of Martinez (we were all praising Bill in 13/14 for his choice)
- not selling the club to any old dodge (looking at Portsmouth, Villa, Newcastle and a few others as examples of expensive sales that were detrimental)

Are you joking with Cleverley?

Robles was the only good player for us yesterday. All of the others were a disgrace to the name of Everton FC!

Cleverley... why did nobody else want him on a free transfer I wonder?
He didn't stop running though, I know he's average but the effort was there.

- shrewd appointment of Moyes back then, and initially of Martinez (we were all praising Bill in 13/14 for his choice)
- not selling the club to any old dodge (looking at Portsmouth, Villa, Newcastle and a few others as examples of expensive sales that were detrimental)

LOL

Only got the first & last ones right. And the first one's meaningless.

Not acceptable

I was going to write something moderate for a Sunday and then I thought NO.
You absolute weapon.

Aren't we all life-long Evertonians? Does that mean we all possess the business acumen to run a Premier League football club?

A clever transfer policy?! C'mon now. Where was that £50m we were getting for Rooney? £20m upfront and £7m on the drip iirc.

Wasn't Moyes recommended by the outgoing Smith? Also, he hardly showed great ambition going for the bloody Preston North End manager.

Finally, 'not selling the club to any old dodge', he already is the 'any old dodge'.

We're sitting in a stadium that is not fit for purpose. We have to wash our hands in cold water and don't even have hand dryers.

He has told countless lies and tried to swindle the fans on so many occasions that I have lost count.

He is a poison to this club, and the fans that have backed him down the years should also shoulder the blame.

All these protests should have been happening 11 years ago when the likes of Birmingham City and Newcastle were outbidding Champions League Everton for players. Our chance to really make a mark and we bring in old hasbeens like Simon Davies, Shandy and Phil Neville.

That man is no Evertonian. I couldn't do what he has done to the club I love.

He didn't stop running though, I know he's average but the effort was there.
Yea but I would run 10 km over 90 minutes for free. Just because he runs doesn't cover up his awful inability to do anything else on the football field. He is terrible. Disgraceful management to play him so often, especially with Deulofeu and Mirallas often on the bench!

Aren't we all life-long Evertonians? Does that mean we all possess the business acumen to run a Premier League football club?

A clever transfer policy?! C'mon now. Where was that £50m we were getting for Rooney? £20m upfront and £7m on the drip iirc.

Wasn't Moyes recommended by the outgoing Smith? Also, he hardly showed great ambition going for the bloody Preston North End manager.

Finally, 'not selling the club to any old dodge', he already is the 'any old dodge'.

We're sitting in a stadium that is not fit for purpose. We have to wash our hands in cold water and don't even have hand dryers.

He has told countless lies and tried to swindle the fans on so many occasions that I have lost count.

He is a poison to this club, and the fans that have backed him down the years should also shoulder the blame.

All these protests should have been happening 11 years ago when the likes of Birmingham City and Newcastle were outbidding Champions League Everton for players. Our chance to really make a mark and we bring in old hasbeens like Simon Davies, Shandy and Phil Neville.

That man is no Evertonian. I couldn't do what he has done to the club I love.

Don't bother.

Pains me to say it but Roberto is a dead man walking - those players just don't want to play for him or play his system.
My stance has always been 'IN' but sadly I think it's in everyone's best interest including Robertos to make the change.

Id love him to stay and turn it round but the EPL doesn't allow for a slow tempo passing game. I think Pep will be found out too.
If Roberto goes he goes with my best wishes and hopefully to La Liga where he'll prove a big success.

Please leave out the 'told you so' responses - this gutless squad is the big problem we have and on the whole they're staying.

Pains me to say it but Roberto is a dead man walking - those players just don't want to play for him or play his system.
My stance has always been 'IN' but sadly I think it's in everyone's best interest including Robertos to make the change.

Id love him to stay and turn it round but the EPL doesn't allow for a slow tempo passing game. I think Pep will be found out too.
If Roberto goes he goes with my best wishes and hopefully to La Liga where he'll prove a big success.

Please leave out the 'told you so' responses - this gutless squad is the big problem we have and on the whole they're staying.

LOL - He is finished.

Howard definitely gone, Hibbert and Osman likely gone, and Gibson, McGeady and Kone will surely be punted by a new manager. You could even argue any decent manager will see right through the likes of Cleverley, Niasse, Oviedo too. If we replace those lot with 3 or 4 actually good player we'll be way, way stronger. Regardless it needs to be a summer with a massive turnover of players, so there is a good chance we'll see lots of the above move on, possibly alongside a Stones or a Lukaku too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back