Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst leagues in Europe though mate, on a par with the SPL x

And we will be playing in an equivalent league here in England with the current manager in charge....its called the championship

De boar knows how to get a consistent good team out who have a balance to their game not like now where we can win a defensive header if our lives depended on it. with the worst home performance over a season ever.

We are EVERTON why should we settle for that ?

I feel the same mate. When we were a top 6 team, I was fuming whenever we lost a match because we were hard to beat. Now I got no emotion at all. Losing a match is like having dinner just as business as usual.

The depth to which Martinez has taken us is summed up in your post. He has almost destroyed our hope. I expected Leicester City to beat us comprehensively yesterday. I usually can talk myself into believing that we have a chance against anyone no matter how poor we have been, but not now, not with Martinez at the helm.
Last week's win was a bonus, beating Bournemouth at home is a bonus, how far we have fallen.
I voted that we would get more than 47 points this season, I thought we would get a win and a draw over the next two games, now I am not so sure. If Sunderland beat us on Wednesday who amongst us would be surprised, would most of us not just shrug our shoulders and be thankful we had just one more game to play this season.
I note that almost 5% have voted to keep Martinez, I am hoping that they are non Everton supporters but if they aren't I would urge them to read the posts of other supporters, Martinez has not only taken us to new depths in terms of performance, he has taken away the hope we had. That is his biggest fault, supporters don't believe we can get a result. Some even want us to get beaten in order to speed his sacking, I have seen the posts on here lambasting anti- Martinez fans for suggesting they don't mind if we lose provided we sack Martinez, I never want to see Everton lose but it is something I have got used to over the last two years.
I had hoped Martinez would have gone by now and we would have put in place, albeit temporarily, management which would have given us back a wee bit of the hope we are famed for, but it is not to be.
Martinez, the man who robbed the most optimistic supporters of hope.

Said it before and I'll say it again.
We should go all out for mourinho.
Give home £7m/£8m a season + whatever if going to throw at rebuilding and our next shirt sponsorship and kit manufacturing deals quadruple with him raising our profile. He pays for himself.

And he brings big shiny trophies with him too.

No Europe for him though. Could his ego stand the low profile of it?

The depth to which Martinez has taken us is summed up in your post. He has almost destroyed our hope. I expected Leicester City to beat us comprehensively yesterday. I usually can talk myself into believing that we have a chance against anyone no matter how poor we have been, but not now, not with Martinez at the helm.
Last week's win was a bonus, beating Bournemouth at home is a bonus, how far we have fallen.
I voted that we would get more than 47 points this season, I thought we would get a win and a draw over the next two games, now I am not so sure. If Sunderland beat us on Wednesday who amongst us would be surprised, would most of us not just shrug our shoulders and be thankful we had just one more game to play this season.
I note that almost 5% have voted to keep Martinez, I am hoping that they are non Everton supporters but if they aren't I would urge them to read the posts of other supporters, Martinez has not only taken us to new depths in terms of performance, he has taken away the hope we had. That is his biggest fault, supporters don't believe we can get a result. Some even want us to get beaten in order to speed his sacking, I have seen the posts on here lambasting anti- Martinez fans for suggesting they don't mind if we lose provided we sack Martinez, I never want to see Everton lose but it is something I have got used to over the last two years.
I had hoped Martinez would have gone by now and we would have put in place, albeit temporarily, management which would have given us back a wee bit of the hope we are famed for, but it is not to be.
Martinez, the man who robbed the most optimistic supporters of hope.

Sad stuff to think about as an Evertonian. I expected the same too...but Leicester...how things change in a year.

We need a new manager to give us our pride back as a PL team.

Because I want something to cheer you up. It fails obviously.

We get the 80s side on the pitch for their achievements.

Paul Rideout probably hasn't bought a drink in the vicinity of an Everton fan in 20 years.

And yet sacking a three year manager who has done crap is right up there with those achievements is it?

Should put a framed photo of him in the trophy cabinet lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back