Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We get the 80s side on the pitch for their achievements.

Paul Rideout probably hasn't bought a drink in the vicinity of an Everton fan in 20 years.

And yet sacking a three year manager who has done crap is right up there with those achievements is it?

Should put a framed photo of him in the trophy cabinet lads.

You know I don't mean anything seriously there right?

Hey if you look how things gone tosh for the past two seasons then sacking him must be the happiest moment as a fan since June 2014.

Oh and the excitement of a new highly regard manager to take us forward.

We get the 80s side on the pitch for their achievements.

Paul Rideout probably hasn't bought a drink in the vicinity of an Everton fan in 20 years.

And yet sacking a three year manager who has done crap is right up there with those achievements is it?

Should put a framed photo of him in the trophy cabinet lads.

There should be a photograph of him in a prominent position somewhere in Goodison, but only as a reminder for us never again to allow bulls##t to substitute ability

I would be interested in hearing from @mkrudden. He's generally pretty savvy on his football , so I'm wondering whether he still considers Roberto the "man to take us forward".
All I'll say mate is yesterday was an absolute shambers and an embarrassment.
I am certainly deliberating the point rather than steadfast believing in him.
Whoever manages us needs to invest heavily this summer. Stones, Barkley and Lukaku, whilst extremely talented, haven't yet got the mentality to lead.

50/50 at best anyway mate, to answer your question.

You know I don't mean anything seriously there right?

Hey if you look how things gone tosh for the past two seasons then sacking him must be the happiest moment as a fan since June 2014.

Beating Wolfsburg away

Jagielka's goal away at the horrors

That young lad scoring in front of the Street defying major illness

Martinez getting sacked is a relief. You taking some perverse gratification from it as the highlight of your last two years is just really weird

Business acumen isn't a romantic idea, being a life-long blue is.

Rooney was 18, hardly a 50m player in those days.

We're all agreed Moyes was the right manager for us at the right time.

If BK was the "any old dodge", we'd be in a much worse situation. He's a safe pair of hands.

But still there's many who don't want to leave Goodison as it's romantically tied to our history. Modernise yes...leave, no.

Poison is too strong a word seen as we haven't been relegated or went into administration.

Champions League Everton? We've never been in it. Pre-Qualifiers don't count as an attraction to sign players. And who did Newcastle & Birmingham sign and where are they now? Did they win cups or do well in Europe? Did they finish above us even once? Both are relegated now.

What exactly has he done that's so bad?
Kenwright said he was a £50m player. He was the most sought after youngster in World football.

We didn't all agree. He was Preston's manager. Bill never went out there to show some intent, he went with a cheap option of getting a lower league club's manager, something he has done twice now.

Doesn't not getting past the qualifying round sort of make my point even stronger? He didn't invest in the team, hence we were dumped out of Europe twice in two weeks.

Just because other clubs have done badly, doesn't mean that is reason for a direct comparison. Arsenal finish in the top 4 every season, their fans aren't happy.

For the majority of our history, we have been a major force in English football. We were the ones with the big ground, signing big players, setting football trends. Bill Kenwright has managed to lower expectations so much that you think he has done a good job.

'I'll always be transparent with the fans' - Bans AGM because he doesn't like the questions being asked of him.

If he was an Arab or American, there is no way on Earth you'd be singing his praises.

If you're happy with mediocrity then fine, I'm not.

According to the Echo, Martin O'Neill is hot favourite with the bookies to be the new manager. He'd certainly steady the ship, but don't know if he's the out and out winner that we really need to take EFC forward..
Lol, the ECHO! How does anyone honestly take that rag seriously anymore?! I read more legitimate journalism in the Beano as a kid FFS!:hayee:

Said it before and I'll say it again.
We should go all out for mourinho.
Give home £7m/£8m a season + whatever if going to throw at rebuilding and our next shirt sponsorship and kit manufacturing deals quadruple with him raising our profile. He pays for himself.

And he brings big shiny trophies with him too.

Jose was on 15m a season at Chelsea.

Beating Wolfsburg away

Jagielka's goal away at the horrors

That young lad scoring in front of the Street defying major illness

Martinez getting sacked is a relief. You taking some perverse gratification from it as the highlight of your last two years is just really weird

Take it as you will. I could not care less how you feel. For me getting rid of him means a brighter future along with the takeover of Mr Moshiri. Two seasons of tosh is taking away the soul of this club.

I suspect compensation is based on overall performance.

The worse we do, the smaller the pay off.

If penny pinching over a relatively small amount of money in the new Klondyke that is the Sky/EPL and with a new billionaire on board then we can forget about all our grandiose dreams of marquee managerial appointments, a hundred million quid summer spending spree and a fit for purpose new stadium....:(

If that is the case then meet the new boss......same as the old one :coffee:

Are you joking with Cleverley?

Robles was the only good player for us yesterday. All of the others were a disgrace to the name of Everton FC!

Cleverley... why did nobody else want him on a free transfer I wonder?

He is the most sensational free signing in premier league history. Actual quote. From silly sausage Martinez

Sad stuff to think about as an Evertonian. I expected the same too...but Leicester...how things change in a year.

We need a new manager to give us our pride back as a PL team.

Indeed! Let's hope we're the team everyone is talking about next May!

"Who would think it was only twelve months ago that the disgruntled Everton fans were booing their manager and team.Mourinho and Moshiri really have worked their magic with three trophies under their belts and work starting on their brand new state of the art 60000 riverside stadium......"

He could be. Equally he might not be. Problem is he hasn't said anything of any value since he's come. See for me I cant aim any anger at Martinez anymore as its done now and there's no comeback for him. He's just a man who's not very good at his job so the longer this goes on that anger has to be aimed at where it rightfully belongs. And thats the board.

I stopped being angry at Martinez after the Saints game.

At that point it became all about the board's inertia.

This past month of torture has been all about Kenwright and Mr. Mo, not Bobby.

Take it as you will. I could not care less how you feel. For me getting rid of him means a brighter future along with the takeover of Mr Moshiri. Two seasons of tosh is taking away the soul of this club.

Sacking the manager will be like winning a cup though mate.

The most un-Everton mentality imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back