Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about what you're saying.... a potential new appointment is not going to go somewhere else because Martinez isn't let go until 1st June!??

Got a nice coffee thanks.... and a bowl of Toffee's
Valencia are interested as well the article says,so you know what they say? "If you're not fast you're last".

Toffee's this early? Bad man...

I so hope this is true!!! I can't take no more of Martinez. I've really tried but enough is enough!!
It's taken him 12 months and the players completely turning on him to finally say performances haven't been good enough and the players aren't performing. He's realised he's lost the players and stopped protecting them, he's protected them for too long and that's what will cost him his job. His stubbornness that he's right and everyone else is wrong. I like the bloke but he's been so naive and we play the same

Yeah we can't announce Emery until after he's beaten Liverpool in the Europa League final!

p008tv30.jpg

....less ridiculous than Bobby to be fair!

According to the Echo, Martin O'Neill is hot favourite with the bookies to be the new manager. He'd certainly steady the ship, but don't know if he's the out and out winner that we really need to take EFC forward..
Echo don't know what day it is matey,Bookies are manipulating the odds coz they haven't got a clue either.

Those 2 are the worst 2 channel's of information to gauge our next appointment

Looks like De Boer and Pelligrini are realistic possibilities. Seems highly unlikely that Mourinho is even if Utd get Champs league and give LVG one more year. We would represent too big a step down and risk. If things went poorly here Mourhino's reputation would nosedive and the chance of another big job with it. He'd choose PSG or the like, over us, with virtually guaranteed league success and yearly Champs L qualification. If he is talking to us it's prpb just for leverage with Utd. Mourinho ain't happening but De Boer just might.

...no cohesion has been the problem for many months. No partnerships, no buddies complimenting each other's play. Full backs who don't link with wide players, no purposeful passing they just meander aimlessly up the pitch and get caught in no-mans land with one long ball that exposes the CBs.

No expansive wingers for Barkley to find, no ammunition or partner for Lukaku instead everything compartmentlised. No cohesion. Look back at when we have been effective, attacking at pace with creative players. It's not rocket science, players who compliment each other is what makes a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back