Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that a new manager coming in won't find it easy either. It's obvious that the player's hearts aren't in it anymore and there is a serious lack of motivatio,n if it's been there for a good while it will be deeply ingrained. If there have been dressing room problems it could also be that factions have been created. Not something that can be easily "healed". May take a couple of years to get it sorted.

I stopped being angry at Martinez after the Saints game.

At that point it became all about the board's inertia.

This past month of torture has been all about Kenwright and Mr. Mo, not Bobby.

The board are a disgrace at the moment. Well even more so than usual. They are hanging him out to dry. Ive nothing against Roberto, he seems like a nice fella and I don't he thinks he deserves to be stuck out in the firing line alone. But that's what rich people do. Don't make their money being nice principled people.

Problem is that a new manager coming in won't find it easy either. It's obvious that the player's hearts aren't in it anymore and there is a serious lack of motivatio,n if it's been there for a good while it will be deeply ingrained. If there have been dressing room problems it could also be that factions have been created. Not something that can be easily "healed". May take a couple of years to get it sorted.

They've given up on Martinez, they'll be right up for it when they return from the Euros and see Jose and his backroom staff welcoming them back to Finch Farm.

I think its important to really try to identify what has gone wrong. Then we can learn from it. For me everyone harps on about his first
season, however when we gifted Arsenal 4th spot (cl) my alarm bells were ringing, something was not right in that game

It coincided with a number of back room staff, doc, physio leaving with rumoured reports of unhappiness with Martinez.

After this the dreaded hamstring injuries mounted and we went into a 2 season slide, that could have easily seen us a Lukaku injury away from relegation.

If the players turned on him they they need to go as well. The new man at the helm has a big job on. I think its in the clubs interest to address
the above issues, perhaps Martinez`s imminent removal may see some of the old school staff back, lets hope so

It really frustrates me when the players don't put a good shift in, but I do have a tiny bit of sympathy for them - it must be pretty soul destroying for them knowing that their manager is effectively handicapping them with his flawed approach to the game. None of us go to work to do a bad job and it must be the same for them but the manager has made pretty much everyone of them lose confidence. He should have been removed when he started to lose the dressing room, the board should have stepped in long ago.

The board are a disgrace at the moment. Well even more so than usual. They are hanging him out to dry. Ive nothing against Roberto, he seems like a nice fella and I don't he thinks he deserves to be stuck out in the firing line alone. But that's what rich people do. Don't make their money being nice principled people.

Thing is the board could end this now but so could Roberto but he won't, they are both at fault.
Really not looking forward to next weekend, what worrys me is I think if we get a manager those top players who might want to move on will think about staying, but if Roberto is still at the club on the final whistle next week I can see there being a few scenes which might put the players of staying at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back