Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday at half time VARDY walked off, chatting to a colleague, seemingly along the lines of '...you shudda passed it to me then, i'd have scored' etc...

2-0 up.

Champions.

Still eager.

We just walked off.

Faces tripping.

To be later followed by NIASSE practically begging to come off, literally couldn't leave the pitch quick enough.

Mainly because he, like his manager, is also grossly inept.

This is what we are, this is where we're at.

And there's only one person responsible.

I can't WAIT for this to be over.

I'm disappointed to have not heard from @mkrudden.
I expected (at minimum) a " lollollollol ...good grief" response from our learned colleague.
I blame @Walken for scaring him off.
I have mate:

All I'll say mate is yesterday was an absolute shambers and an embarrassment.
I am certainly deliberating the point rather than steadfast believing in him.
Whoever manages us needs to invest heavily this summer. Stones, Barkley and Lukaku, whilst extremely talented, haven't yet got the mentality to lead.

50/50 at best anyway mate, to answer your question.

And @Walken ?
lollollollollol
Good grief.

...no cohesion has been the problem for many months. No partnerships, no buddies complimenting each other's play. Full backs who don't link with wide players, no purposeful passing they just meander aimlessly up the pitch and get caught in no-mans land with one long ball that exposes the CBs.

No expansive wingers for Barkley to find, no ammunition or partner for Lukaku instead everything compartmentlised. No cohesion. Look back at when we have been effective, attacking at pace with creative players. It's not rocket science, players who compliment each other is what makes a team.

Spot on, mate. Also, we are terrible without the ball. Zero closing down from the whole team. A top manager, such as Mourinho would never stand for that. He sold Mata to Man U, despite the fact that he'd been Chelsea's player of the year the previous season, because he wasn't tracking back and closing down enough.

Everyone says how brilliant Barcelona are with the ball, but they're also brilliant without the ball. When they lose possession they are tenacious in trying to win it back as soon as possible. Everton players just amble around waiting for their opponents to give it back. Someone like Tony Pulis would be apoplectic on the touchline if it was his team.

It infuriates me that week in week out Martinez, who I once read watches replays of all our matches several times over, can't see the blindingly obvious because he's too in love with his own flawed philosophy.

I would be interested in hearing from @mkrudden. He's generally pretty savvy on his football , so I'm wondering whether he still considers Roberto the "man to take us forward".

he's a tremendous measurement instrument on footballing matters, he's literally been wrong about everything he has ever wrote about, when he is onboard you know it's time to bail

lol lol

I think its important to really try to identify what has gone wrong. Then we can learn from it. For me everyone harps on about his first
season, however when we gifted Arsenal 4th spot (cl) my alarm bells were ringing, something was not right in that game

It coincided with a number of back room staff, doc, physio leaving with rumoured reports of unhappiness with Martinez.

After this the dreaded hamstring injuries mounted and we went into a 2 season slide, that could have easily seen us a Lukaku injury away from relegation.

If the players turned on him they they need to go as well. The new man at the helm has a big job on. I think its in the clubs interest to address
the above issues, perhaps Martinez`s imminent removal may see some of the old school staff back, lets hope so

Appointing him as manager in the first place

Problem identified. Case Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back