Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concerned about this too. He might've thought it was a doable job a few weeks ago, but now?
Prospective managers aren't soft, they will know what the players are capable of, plus they will know said players will know that other managers are being spoken to

Plus the same thing happened at Chelsea when the players stopped playing for him

this and that Jose has only done it with rich clubs are two fair concerns. Whether we now count as 'rich' ?

Also there's Rom's relationship with Mourinho...wasn't the best, Rom felt he didn't get any support or belief from the man.

this and that Jose has only done it with rich clubs are two fair concerns. Whether we now count as 'rich' ?

Also there's Rom's relationship with Mourinho...wasn't the best, Rom felt he didn't get any support or belief from the man.
I'd say we're richer than Porto were when he won the Champions League with them, never mind Leiria before that.

I don't think anyone is seriously voting for him.
Our esteemed and learned GOTer colleagues, like @oldblue and @mkrudden , (not to mention their erstwhile leader), might beg to differ.
We should not casually shove to one side the insight such 'Martinez IN' proponents lend our forum.
@Walken might use them as contrarian indicator to common sense, and whilst I tend to agree 100% with him, we should not presume, that they are not being serious in their support of Booby.
Perhaps a pie graph is needed...

Most of the squad will be getting the kick on the basis of the performances I've seen in the second half of the season.
thing is, if they'd given him the boot earlier and installed interim management then the new management coming in would have seen which players had given up on Martinez but are actually capable (Stones, Barry, Barkley, Del, etc), and those who are actually gash and should be booted. Now the new fella's going to have to use preseason to try and work that out

I cannot wait until the club issue a statement about the managerial position, if we are truly going to have a go at getting back in the big time then we have to make sure that our next manager matches our club motto.

In my opinion only Jose or Diego would send me delirious with excitement although at this moment in time I think I can only dream about one of these running our great club. I've supported the blues for over 30 years and can remember the great team of the 80's and the joy this club has brought me over the years has been unreal at times.

I just hope that the new pending appointment takes me back to that happy place!!

COYB NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back