Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More interested in the new back room staff as much as the manager. Don't think any of them have showed any passion or quality (not counting jones giving it the biggen when we went 4 down at anfield). Whoever takes over better have an amazing team with them , because from what I can see our 1st team coaches ,medical team and goal keeping coaches are all unemployable.

More media tide signalling the washing away of Martinez; this time from ESPN 35 mins ago http://www.espnfc.com/club/everton/...-roberto-martinez-after-shambles-at-leicester

wow
Leicester (23) have won more games in this title-winning season than Everton in the past two seasons combined (22). Leicester's 41-point return in 2016 is only three behind Everton's entire campaign.

and more:
Describing this away offering as a performance would be a disservice to the word. From the complete lack of marking, awareness and pressure on the ball in defence, to the absent movement, ideas and anaemic attacking efforts, this was symptomatic of the directionless mess Everton have become.

must be a toffee lol

and the killer which we've all been saying too:
Maintaining this untenable situation until the end of the season benefits nobody.

so why are they maintaining it?

As I said in the Moshi thread, the only plausible explanation is that the chiefs are unsure if they'll bag one of their preferred candidates, so Bobby still being here is the fall-back option.

and the killer which we've all been saying too:

so why are they maintaining it?

As I said in the Moshi thread, the only plausible explanation is that the chiefs are unsure if they'll bag one of their preferred candidates, so Bobby still being here is the fall-back option.

that makes no logical sense though, the tea lady could do a better job if she replaced him

they think hes a great manager!

DDiIV.gif

I'm not thinking Jose. Even properly newly-wedged clubs like Chelsea and City didn't get the top men straight away. I think I'd be happy (though not ecstatic) with a Koeman sort of appointment - I'd see that as a safe pair of hands with a lot of potential for us to get back in to the higher ecehelons of the league. We need stabilising, our players need fitness and drilling, then once that is achieved, we need to put a plan in place to win the league.

Leicester have won the premier league trophy playing the exact type of football Martinez continues to openly refuse to play (but acknowledges would produce more points than our current system). There's no way back for him and he should have gone long ago. The alarm bells have been ringing for two years now. Any longer and we're only prolonging the damage both to him and- more importantly- to the club. Every day without a word from the board heaps further embarrassment on the back of the club.

Leicester have won the premier league trophy playing the exact type of football Martinez continues to openly refuse to play (but acknowledges would produce more points than our current system). There's no way back for him and he should have gone long ago. The alarm bells have been ringing for two years now. Any longer and we're only prolonging the damage both to him and- more importantly- to the club. Every day without a word from the board heaps further embarrassment on the back of the club.

Apart from that though we are ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back