Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be hugely disappointed if Pellegrini is the next Manager of Everton.

Mans had the biggest cheque book in World Togger for years and has only won the League once and got to the CL Semi's once. NAH MATE.
Another man with no plan B or cohesion in his team, for me he's pretty similar to Martinez. Players strolling around the pitch not giving a toss... A massive no from me

O'Keeffe couldn't resist a sly dig at "keyboard warriors" thought, the snide. Some keyboard warriors actually stood up to be counted at the Bournemouth game, but it must have been hard for him to see that from where his head has been positioned all season...

Also noticed how O'Keefe got some excuses in for Martinez:

" injury misfortune, an ageing squad which the manager has had to turn over, big refereeing decisions at key times."

The silence from the club is a joke. Why don't they just come out either saying they are backing him or that he will be leaving at the end of the season. If they don't want to sack him now to save money then that's fine but just say he is going at the end of the season. It would stop all the unrest, cause at the moment are they honestly going to let Martinez speak to the fans and do a lap of honour next Sunday without saying anything. He will be abused left, right and centre. Ridiculous from the club!

The silence from the club is a joke. Why don't they just come out either saying they are backing him or that he will be leaving at the end of the season. If they don't want to sack him now to save money then that's fine but just say he is going at the end of the season. It would stop all the unrest, cause at the moment are they honestly going to let Martinez speak to the fans and do a lap of honour next Sunday without saying anything. He will be abused left, right and centre. Ridiculous from the club!

I recken Bill enjoys toying with the fans by making them wait and wait

I've written before about how Martinez is being hung out to dry, but I feel it's worth bringing up again. The board should've acted by now (one way or the other), rather than let supporter unrest grow and subject Martinez to levels of abuse that go way beyond what any decent person deserves.

His post match comments yesterday, when he finally pointed the finger at the players, suggest that the game is well and truly up and in my mind the only possible reason for continuing with the charade is to save a few quid in compensation. He should've be allowed to go after the derby, get out of the country for a few weeks and leave the bear pit, instead he is left to handle things on his own, looking increasingly isolated and desperate; the deafening silence from our boardroom is deplorable.

I take no pride in being an Evertonian right now.

Very well articulated blue62. My view exactly

Also noticed how O'Keefe got some excuses in for Martinez:

" injury misfortune, an ageing squad which the manager has had to turn over, big refereeing decisions at key times."
In fairness, the article is unequivocal. Excuses or not.

Though it is too late to make a difference. It smells of the Murdochian desire to follow public opinion while claiming you changed it.

According to who? Sky, other fans, the media. You buy into that narrative then we are dead.

You know why we sing, if you know you're history? Because we've got it. We're an institution mate. Sure at the moment that's all we've got. We're one of the biggest names in football brother, cause we started it. They'd be nothing without us, if you want to talk about big clubs, money, fine, I'd go along with you. Heritage is a different matter, you can't buy that, you earn it.

Anybody who represents our club should feel honoured. Leicester won the league today, big deal, we won it before they were even born.

Agree with the sentiment.....but Leicester were 'born' in 1884 and our first title wasn't until 1890-91 I think......sorry to be pedantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back