Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The intent to part 'amicably' at the season end must surely be rendered null now given there's nothing amicable about the entire situation.

For his own good, safety & sanity it needs ending now.
Tbh mate he's got that little bairn to think about. All he has to do is brass it out for another couple of weeks and the kid is fed and watered for life. I'd do it no probs.

I think the decision to allow him a dignified exit at the seasons end, will be reviewed and balanced off against the prospect of Sunday being a complete embarrassment for both the club and the manager.

I think he'll go today. We'll see.

Wouldn't surprise me either way. If he doesn't go today I'd expect him in charge for the Sunderland game though that then leaves the awards evening on Thursday. They may do something before that?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's announced after the Sunderland game, let us show appreciation for the start of his management at least.

Yes, I think that this would be best all round. Whilst his tenure has descended into veritable chaos, there are some good memories to take from his first season. Just let the man move on, he needs to get over this too. Assessment of the players attitudes and performances in recent weeks can be left for another day. If they were mere mortal employees, I would see fit to show many of them the door as well.

Wouldn't surprise me either way. If he doesn't go today I'd expect him in charge for the Sunderland game though that then leaves the awards evening on Thursday. They may do something before that?
I think if he doesn't go today, then he'll still be in charge on Sunday personally.

Well I too would love to see those Geordie cavemen go down on Wednesday but......
not as much as I'd love to see The Mighty Blues get back on track with a win.
Two wins versus Sunderland and Norwich are not going to save RM.

Think we may hear something after the Sunderland game along the lines of, we have mutually decided to part ways at the end of the season. Or knowing everton we will hear nothing until july (This is the more likely scenario)

A few of the fan groups are planning protests on Thursday where they're staging the awards night. Then we've got Sunday...

Surely they'll put an end to this today? Astounding if they let it ride until the end of the season knowing what is likely to happen Thursday and Sunday.

The Bascombe article is very interesting. All I can think is that Martinez should have been calling the players out a lot earlier, too little too late.

As regards the sacking I can see 1 of 3 possibilities;
1) He is sacked this week and no longer takes charge of games
2) It is announced he will be leaving in the summer.
3) The club leak information to the press/make a statement that they will review his future at the end of the season.

Unfortunately I can't see option 1. They have now left it so long that they would open themselves up to a wave of criticism for sacking him now. People would legitimately ask if they could sack him now, why didn't they sack him when it mattered? Also what was it about Leicester that was unacceptable that was not acceptable about the Liverpool game? Or the Arsenal game? Unfortunately the decision not to act after the semi final (and the derby) has meant they are anchored to him until the end of the season.

The second option is a possibility. Martinez may agree to this as he may want to avoid the humiliation of the Norwich debacle. However he would be within his rights to say "sack me now" if you want him to go. The third option may be what we get. It's what FSG did with Rodgers last season and also with Dalgiesh. Briefed the Echo and friendly journalists just enough for the fans to know that it would be dealt with at the end of the season.

I was happy Kenwright stayed on and even felt he may have had a role to play beyond a period of months into 2-3 years to help Moshiri. I felt that his loyalty and football understanding could have come in handy. However his role in the debacle of Martinez, and refusing to budge on getting rid of him I think has put an end to any hope of that happening. Kenwright needs to go as well for the good of the club. We need a clean break in the summer and the unaccountability that has resonated through the club needs to go. If he stays much longer he will undermine Moshiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back