Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is hard to criticise the board

I find it easier to criticise the board than the manager at this stage.

I understand the machinations and logistics going on behind the scenes. What I don't understand is the complete contempt the supporters have had to endure. This nonsense could have been sorted out weeks ago. Instead it's turned into a farce and a humiliation for Evertonians the world over.

Action isn't something you deliberate on when faced with crisis or necessity, like a committee, you make a bloody decision there and then. It's called leadership, something our board have been bereft of for a very, very, long time.

What strikes me as bizarre and counter-intuitive now is the supposed decision to keep him until the end of the season, if this has been calculated on the basis of preserving the man's dignity and respect within the club, and to the outside footballing world, and then subjecting him to the unpleasantness that will ensue after the Norwich game, if there has still been no announcement by then. It should not be forgotten that this will also be the last home appearance for several members of the squad. It would/will be a deeply unseemly, sad way to sign off, wretched season or not.

For the love of God announce it before the Norwich game. There will be palpable relief and we may even get a result on the day. I'm sure in that scenario that 99% of blues would approach the game bearing in mind the sensitive circumstances prevailing and see out the day if not in a positive, then at the very least, benign manner. The need for protests in that scenario are completely nullified. And, I'm sure Martinez will be no less dignified and respectful, in whatever statement or comment he wishes to make as his final act with the club.
It would allow us to give fair goodbyes to the man. No statement....and he will be booed off and thats not nice for anybody. .not to him and not to us fans.

expect if from Radcliffe because he talks sh8t all the time, but I'm guuted
Kenwright, hanging off Moshiri after the Chelsea QF victory and proclaiming 'What a Manager!' made me feel physically sick.
You can see a measured steely calm about Moshiri where as Bill just bounces off emotions and looks a bit amateurish. Yes it was a great victory that evening, but we had, even with a semi final booked at Wembley, failed miserably throughout the season.

IF we want to attract the likes of Mourinho to our club this summer we need real business men with the financial clout and ruthless ambition to take the club forward in the negotiations. Not someone who will talk about Uncle Cyril's handlebars and the atmosphere in the boys pen 50 years ago.
Mate, your first two sentences especially, are brilliant, totally with you!

It would allow us to give fair goodbyes to the man. No statement....and he will be booed off and thats not nice for anybody. .not to him and not to us fans.

I agree

It's not fair on the fans, not fair on the players and will not be nice for Martinez and worst will not look good for EFC if Martinez gets vitriolic abuse after the match.

What we need is leadership from the club on this rather than allowing rumours to fly around about what the plans are so back him or sack him. at the moment what we have is rumours about him staying, leaving and who might be in charge next season.

If he is gone then please just do it and save everybody some face rather than drag this on like rank amateurs if not then come out and back your man...not hide behind a wall of silence

I find it strange that we're bigging up how rich Moshiri is, but now the talk of the town is that they don't want to sack him now as it'll save £2m in compensation money (which again seems off as it's not normal to have compensation based on performance).

I also find it strange that our incredibly vocal chairman hasn't said doot at all, even though the media now have their knives out.

I don't think we're going to see Martinez get the sack.

I find it strange that we're bigging up how rich Moshiri is, but now the talk of the town is that they don't want to sack him now as it'll save £2m in compensation money (which again seems off as it's not normal to have compensation based on performance).

I also find it strange that our incredibly vocal chairman hasn't said doot at all, even though the media now have their knives out.

utd didnt sack moyes until it was mathematically impossible to qualify for champs league, not exactly the same but still..

What strikes me as bizarre and counter-intuitive now is the supposed decision to keep him until the end of the season, if this has been calculated on the basis of preserving the man's dignity and respect within the club, and to the outside footballing world, and then subjecting him to the unpleasantness that will ensue after the Norwich game, if there has still been no announcement by then. It should not be forgotten that this will also be the last home appearance for several members of the squad. It would/will be a deeply unseemly, sad way to sign off, wretched season or not.

For the love of God announce it before the Norwich game. There will be palpable relief and we may even get a result on the day. I'm sure in that scenario that 99% of blues would approach the game bearing in mind the sensitive circumstances prevailing and see out the day if not in a positive, then at the very least, benign manner. The need for protests in that scenario are completely nullified. And, I'm sure Martinez will be no less dignified and respectful, in whatever statement or comment he wishes to make as his final act with the club.
Well said sir! Anyway listen, we are a clueless chairman, so wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't occur to him. Bill's had two fingers up at the fans for years.

utd didnt sack moyes until it was mathematically impossible to qualify for champs league, not exactly the same but still..

What is there to play for? I mean seriously, we've all got built up for the impending sacking of a manager of whom is unlikely to leave.

I'm not a Martinez supporter anymore, but I don't think he'll get the sack anytime soon.

Another day is here and the fraud remains all the while stealing a living and mumbling his incoherent nonsense. If anyone is seriously felling sorry for him then your a fool, he could end this farce right now by doing the right thing and resign. He won't though as that would take a moment of self realisation and honesty and this clown isn't capable of either. The club should act now if for no other reason then to give our fans traveling to Sunderland on Wed and for the Norwich match SOMETHING to be positive about. Anyone saying we have nothing to play for obviously don't understand our motto, we have six points to play for and pride (something that Billy Liar and the fraud would happily make us forfeit for their own egos). The dogs abuse Martinez and Kenwrong will take on Sun will be richly derseved if he hasn't gone before the match.

The nothing but the best line is being thrown around a lot lately. And simply looking at that in context of Roberto, he is not the best thing for Everton going forward, and staying with him next season will not be good enough. It sends the wrong message to the fans, players and any potential transfer targets.

We need the best possible manager that we can get. Luckily with some cash injected into the club or options have opened up on this front. Hiddink, De Boer, Pellegrini, Lowe are the names we should be heavily perusing. Not only are they damn good managers, they could be a factor in a player choosing to sign with us.

It would be a massive kick in the nuts and two steps backwards if we went with a Hughes, Alladyce, Benitez, Di Matteo, McLeish type.

the talk of the town is that they don't want to sack him now as it'll save £2m in compensation money (which again seems off as it's not normal to have compensation based on performance).

It's beyond strange, it's dragging the name of our club down. All I can suggest is Moshiri is an accountant and I've known a few, it makes sense financially I suppose.

As far as the chairman goes, it's true to form.

If I was an unscrupulous fat guy in a black and white shirt I might even offer to cover that cost. Just so Everton get someone else in place pronto and give the barcodes and fighting chance on wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back