Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough mate, but I've consistently held a line that I know, absolutely know to be true for several weeks if not longer, that he will not be manager after the season end.

The only variable is the timing - some sources are saying before the Sunderland game, which suggests today, others are saying an announcement immediately after the Norwich game. Depends who you talk to and believe.

The same source that claimed that he'd be gone before the Bournemouth game?

Sound.

De Boer for me, remember we are no longer the big team everyone would like to think we are. Having history is great but in to days football means sweet fa, since we last won a trophy Leicester have won 2 league cups and the premier league..

I think the decision to allow him a dignified exit at the seasons end, will be reviewed and balanced off against the prospect of Sunday being a complete embarrassment for both the club and the manager.

I think he'll go today. We'll see.

I have just given up trying to second guess this board.

No one can now predict with even a semblance of accuracy when the axe will fall.

In fact, I would not be one bit surprised if he is still here in August :(

And all this a mere two months since we woke up to find ourselves in a new, optimistic era :(

Everton that.

No disrespect to you, but I don't know who you are or your 'sources'. I've been around footballing forums for most of my life and I've seen a lot of jarg come out from reputable people.

I don't think it in any way is beneficial to the club for them to just let the rot happen, knowing that Martinez is going. Gardening leave exists for a reason in these cases.

Gardening leave is a crock of faeces. He's getting sacked

I can't see them being so stupid now as to put him through Sunday.

PR for the club would be too bad and also not be a very nice sight for his replacement.

I have just given up trying to second guess this board.

No one can now predict with even a semblance of accuracy when the axe will fall.

In fact, I would not be one bit surprised if he is still here in August :(

And all this a mere two months since we woke up to find ourselves in a new, optimistic era :(

Everton that.

What even makes people think this is possible? Just because it's Everton?

There's absolutely no chance he's here next season. None.

The rumors are building daily now in terms of who will replace Martinez, even the Echo have turned on him (which suggests they've been given the go ahead by someone within the club) and not a single board member has come out to offer support.

If Martinez stays in post after all this it will be akin to Leicester winning the title.............

Should have bitten the bullet weeks ago, either after the FA semi or the Liverpool game.

I hate using them as an example, but Rodgers was not getting the results so they pulled the trigger and now Liverpool will at the least have played in two cup finals. We on the other hand didn't show up for an FA cup semi for the first half and won't finish in the top half... Sitting on our hands will do us no favors.

That's fair enough mate, but I've consistently held a line that I know, absolutely know to be true for several weeks if not longer, that he will not be manager after the season end.

The only variable is the timing - some sources are saying before the Sunderland game, which suggests today, others are saying an announcement immediately after the Norwich game. Depends who you talk to and believe.
The same source that claimed that he'd be gone before the Bournemouth game?

Sound.
Firstly he is talking about several sources, and secondly, things can and do change mate. He states the timing is variable too.

Things aren't always black and white, especially on the world of football business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back