Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just go and enjoy your weekend anyway.

It is not like going the game brings a guarantee of a good result or even a good performance, even at the best of times.

And lads like @kithnou or @deipnosophist or @USABlue would give an eye tooth to be able to pop on a plane and hop across about two hundred miles to watch the Blues this weekend.

I have always found being in the ground watching a bad display to be more palateable than watching on TV.

At least at the ground you get to vent your frustration in the company of like minded souls ;)
Well said mate. If I still lived in Europe I'd buy a season ticket and go to all games.
If you don't go to the watch the bad times, you won't appreciate the good times as much we are about to experience!

That's fair enough mate, but I've consistently held a line that I know, absolutely know to be true for several weeks if not longer, that he will not be manager after the season end.

The only variable is the timing - some sources are saying before the Sunderland game, which suggests today, others are saying an announcement immediately after the Norwich game. Depends who you talk to and believe.

From that, are some people you believe saying it is pre-Sunderland, and some people you believe it is post-Norwich? Either way, he is gone, which is the main point here.

Would like to see him gone before Norwich

Improve the atmosphere at Goodison and give a proper send off to Ossie, Hibbo, Tim etc

^^ This

Couldn't agree more - I think it would be unfair on them for Goodison to be waving goodbye to long term servants in what would be a frosty atmosphere if Martinez was still in charge. They deserve better than that, get rid now and give Goodison a boost going into the close season and let us say thanks and goodbye the way we should.

Either way, he is gone, which is the main point here.

Exactly - if they can finesse the timing so he goes before the Sunderland that's the ideal scenario, other than that we have to endure two more games.

The outcome is the same ultimately.

I think it is inconceivable he will be here for the Norwich game, with the lap of appreciation (or lap of dishonour), and the risk he will be there taking part in it.

Improve the atmosphere at Goodison and give a proper send off to Ossie, Hibbo, Tim etc

We have nothing left to play for so we could at least enjoy the last home game
Or just a brief statement stating that he's leaving after Sunday by mutual consent.

A more positive goodbye to the manager and thanking him for that first season and the European games etc.

Not a lot to thank him for but would prefer that than him leaving on a sour note.

We have nothing left to play for so we could at least enjoy the last home game

That all sounds great in theory, wally.

But it is almost verbatim what many of us were saying on here before the Bournemouth game.

Nowt happened before that game.....I would not be surprised if nowt happened now :mad:

But it is almost verbatim what many of us were saying on here before the Bournemouth game.

Nowt happened before that game.....I would not be surprised if nowt happened now :mad:

I don't mind if he's still in the job and they just instruct security to select him a 90min random screening

frustrating isnt it..glad you broke out the angry face, personally i would go with a few of these fellas :rant::rant::rant: tends to help

Should have bitten the bullet weeks ago, either after the FA semi or the Liverpool game.

I hate using them as an example, but Rodgers was not getting the results so they pulled the trigger and now Liverpool will at the least have played in two cup finals. We on the other hand didn't show up for an FA cup semi for the first half and won't finish in the top half... Sitting on our hands will do us no favors.

Actually no, do not hate using them as an example.

To be honest, I am looking at them with a great deal of reluctant admiration these days.

They acted before Brent had reached crisis point.

Headed the crisis off at the pass.

Then, like us, they reached two cup semi finals.

And won them both.

Despite being a very average team.

I admire the way they manage to keep themselves relevant even in barren spells.

There......I've said it :pint2:

Exactly - if they can finesse the timing so he goes before the Sunderland that's the ideal scenario, other than that we have to endure two more games.

The outcome is the same ultimately.

How certain are you he has gone mate is there absolutely no doubt about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back