Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

No disrespect to you, but I don't know who you are or your 'sources'. I've been around footballing forums for most of my life and I've seen a lot of jarg come out from reputable people.

I don't think it in any way is beneficial to the club for them to just let the rot happen, knowing that Martinez is going. Gardening leave exists for a reason in these cases.

image.webp

What is there to play for? I mean seriously, we've all got built up for the impending sacking of a manager of whom is unlikely to leave.

I'm not a Martinez supporter anymore, but I don't think he'll get the sack anytime soon.

just saying there might be a reason for waiting taht isnt obvious, thats all

Just got my Ryanair reminder for my flight over on Sunday. After watching that display on Saturday therel be an empty seat on that flight. No way am Im wasting couple of hundred quid to watch that s**te this wknd. never thought id miss a game but shows how bad things are at present.

Oh just go and enjoy your weekend anyway.

It is not like going the game brings a guarantee of a good result or even a good performance, even at the best of times.

And lads like @kithnou or @deipnosophist or @USABlue would give an eye tooth to be able to pop on a plane and hop across about two hundred miles to watch the Blues this weekend.

I have always found being in the ground watching a bad display to be more palateable than watching on TV.

At least at the ground you get to vent your frustration in the company of like minded souls ;)

Action isn't something you deliberate on when faced with crisis or necessity, like a committee, you make a bloody decision there and then. It's called leadership, something our board have been bereft of for a very, very, long time.

This is the measure I always use to judge people in managerial positions.

Worst manager I ever had would end meetings/conversations with issues unresolved so he could go home and sleep on it.

Best would listen to what everyone was saying and make a decision there and then.

Guess who got the better performance out of their employees

I find it strange that we're bigging up how rich Moshiri is, but now the talk of the town is that they don't want to sack him now as it'll save £2m in compensation money (which again seems off as it's not normal to have compensation based on performance).

I also find it strange that our incredibly vocal chairman hasn't said doot at all, even though the media now have their knives out.

I don't think we're going to see Martinez get the sack.

No idea what is going on behind the scenes, but 2 mill is never a throw away amount for any business or rich individual.

RM is not still in a job for any possible footballing reasons so I can only assume it is for legal reasons to do with his contract. If it is compensation related, at what point is that he can he be safely sacked? If it is not compensation related, then what contractual issue is keeping him in the job (for the meantime)?

No disrespect to you, but I don't know who you are or your 'sources'. I've been around footballing forums for most of my life and I've seen a lot of jarg come out from reputable people.

That's fair enough mate, but I've consistently held a line that I know, absolutely know to be true for several weeks if not longer, that he will not be manager after the season end.

The only variable is the timing - some sources are saying before the Sunderland game, which suggests today, others are saying an announcement immediately after the Norwich game. Depends who you talk to and believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back