Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evertonians have been extremely patient, I think. The majority didn't turn until somewhere around the Arsenal game. I think that's a credit to our fans in general. I agree that generally chopping and changing managers is not the healthiest way to run a football club (unless you have endless funds to ensure regular total team turnover isn't a problem).

That said, patience is there to prevent rash decisions. You shouldn't sack a manager at the first bad signs, or even the second bad run. Things happen, mistakes are made, people change. However, it is injurious to not learn from that which becomes obvious. Martinez is not going to change enough to be a good enough manager for Everton. He's had his chances, and time, he's had money, he's had backing. He's failed.

Stability is a positive thing. But we are not stable under Martinez. We are not growing and progressing. We are regressing. The signs that things will be turning around have all disappeared. At this point, any Evertonian that legitimately wants him in is simply bowing to the fear to the unknown. But how much worse can it get, honestly? Does anyone honestly think that Martinez can turn this around, or is the worry that the next guy will be worse?

Worse than a man that cannot get this team winning even sporadically at home unless playing utterly dire teams. Worse than a man that spent £13.5 million on Naisse.

Koeman would bore me, but he would obviously be an upgrade. De Boer may fail. Martinez WILL fail.

I'm at peace with the fact that I was way, way wrong on Martinez, and that he will be gone shortly. And I live in hope that we show ambition and bring in someone with real swagger.
We have been patient. I was fully behind him until we lost the West Ham match, and was willing to give him the FA Cup run to salvage the season. But it's just painfully obvious to everyone involved that the players aren't playing for him any more and that any stylistic/philosophical progress which he could point to even in the face of bad results has vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back