Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that is one of the most deluded articles I have ever read.

Talks about the Christmas period being the downfall - aren't we on a current run of one win in 9 in the league, at that's at home to Bournemouth? Must be a seriously long Christmas this. Advent calendar went in the bin ages ago.

Mitigating circumstances for late defeats? Stoke? Leicester? West Ham? Not mitigating circumstances mate, a common factor - a poorly setup side.

Agree with Carlito above - football last two years has been decent in patches, in the midst of hopeless unstructured rubbish for the rest of the time. Hey lads, at least we humiliated Sunderland and Villa at home though.

He talks about us being great in possession. Who, Coleman? McCarthy? Snivelley? Funes Mori? Jagileka? None of whom are exactly great with the ball in tight spaces on the pitch.

Talks about replacing Howard. Yeah, only a year too late.
He can't be watching Everton play regularly surely.

Darnitt.....I so want to believe in Bobby.

That article has me wondering should I climb back on the fence :blush:

No mate.
Much as you like RM as a person, he is now totally wrong for Everton FC.

We need Jose and if he says no, we walk around the block and go bang on his door again... and again... and again... and again... until he says "FFS, oh all right then."

Well written and fair and does make points that people that still want Roberto could realistically make with a straight face. He does point out flaws, however going a bit too soft on some of those flaws. Ultimately the past two+ months bar Chelsea had been dreadful. I do really do wonder if he lost the team first followed by facing the sack or was told Moshiri wanted to bring in his own man and then lost the team.

It would be interesting to see when the results really took a dive and when Moshiri was announced. Or was it the Jason Derulo dance that did it? ;)

Doesn't really matter obviously to Everton but am curious.
Wow what a disingenuous article. Incredible! His proof that we can defend is our glorious clean sheets against dagenham, carlisle, bournemouth reserves (who missed a penalty) and ok chelsea. Then he brings up the wolfsburg game in which we got played off the park 39 shots against but thanks ironically to playing like leicester we got the result. Puts up one strawman after another don't have time to go through them all.

Darnitt.....I so want to believe in Bobby.

That article has me wondering should I climb back on the fence :blush:

No, no you shouldn't...the fence is a dark place, almost darker than what's on the other side of it.

Stay put, you are settled now and welcome.

It's nearly over, the time to burn the fence is almost upon us...;)

Does anybody think he'll be sacked before Norwich? I think not, because surely they are waiting until end of season to save on compensation / to pay less compensation for firing him. Sacking him before Norwich would still be during the season and as such he'd no doubt be owed more. I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't there on Sunday as manager.

I have to say that is one of the most deluded articles I have ever read.

Talks about the Christmas period being the downfall - aren't we on a current run of one win in 9 in the league, at that's at home to Bournemouth? Must be a seriously long Christmas this. Advent calendar went in the bin ages ago.

Mitigating circumstances for late defeats? Stoke? Leicester? West Ham? Not mitigating circumstances mate, a common factor - a poorly setup side.

Agree with Carlito above - football last two years has been decent in patches, in the midst of hopeless unstructured rubbish for the rest of the time. Hey lads, at least we humiliated Sunderland and Villa at home though.

He talks about us being great in possession. Who, Coleman? McCarthy? Snivelley? Funes Mori? Jagileka? None of whom are exactly great with the ball in tight spaces on the pitch.

Talks about replacing Howard. Yeah, only a year too late.

I take it we'll just completely ignore that, with our failings laid bare for all to see last summer, he spent £9.5m on an unproven centre half and £13.5m on a player, generously, not ready for half a season .

There is no case for keeping Martinez on.

None. None at all and if anything that 'in support' article merely backs this fact up.

No mate.
Much as you like RM as a person, he is now totally wrong for Everton FC.

We need Jose and if he says no, we walk around the block and go bang on his door again... and again... and again... and again... until he says "FFS, oh all right then."

I know, Block :(

But there is a part of me that is still bouncing up and down at OT singing Oviedo Baby and truly believing that tomorrow belonged to us :celebrate:

Martinez taking on the cruyff style and outscoring teams winning games 4-3 5-4 etc if that was actually happening fair enough we know were capable of scoring we have a monster in lukaku when he feels like. but as of late going forward were offering nothing and our main goalscorer clearly cant be arsed.

No, no you shouldn't...the fence is a dark place, almost darker than what's on the other side of it.

Stay put, you are settled now and welcome.

It's nearly over, the time to burn the fence is almost upon us...;)

But I can still see Gerald breaking the back of the Arsenal net and firing his air machine at us in a corner of the Emirates ;)

Does anybody think he'll be sacked before Norwich? I think not, because surely they are waiting until end of season to save on compensation / to pay less compensation for firing him. Sacking him before Norwich would still be during the season and as such he'd no doubt be owed more. I'd be extremely surprised if he wasn't there on Sunday as manager.

Think sacking him with only the Norwich game left would be humiliating for Martinez, and he doesn't deserve that.

Angry fans are spoiling Bill and Bob's misty-eyed send off on Sunday. Absolute Rabble.
So that's why we're getting all the positive spin now - to try and disarm the fume before then
And fingers crossed it does not go badly Pete Tong on the pitch against the relegation strugglers

Last edited:
He can't be watching Everton play regularly surely.

He won't do mate.

No one with Everton's best interests at heart would want us to continue with Martinez. He's given up himself. If he felt he had a chance to manage us next season, he'd be trying new things out - rather than persisting with rubbish like Cleverley week in week out.

Absolutely no sympathy for the man whatsoever, and I genuinely don't think the Board have any either. People saying "put him out of his misery" - what, and give him a pay off he doesn't deserve?

He's had a chance to manage Everton- the pinnacle for the vast majority - and he's failed massively. He's left behind a disillusioned fanbase, a set of players devoid of form and fitness, and a club with now no real discernable playing style. We've become a homogenised mess of a club under him - No style, no direction, a fanbase sending planes over the ground ffs, and with players who have zero pride in the club. Not one of them could you say "yes, he represents Everton and its values", they just wander around half arsed and defeated.

Oh, and a £13.5m striker who, barring a miracle turnaround, seems to struggle to do the basics. People want us to be sympathetic towards Naisse but I challenge anyone to watch his pre-match warm up as he strolls about to think there is a player determined to turn it round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back