Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally the opposite for me, announce he is leaving by mutual consent on friday then he gets a warmish send off on sunday with best wishes. If there is no announcement sunday is going to be absolutely horrible to him and the team both during and after the game.
Much as I want him gone, I hope the fans do not go berserk on him as it feels a bit West Ham fan-esque!. I think he genuinely thinks he is good enough and wants the best for the club, it's just patently obvious he can't deliver.

orly has is absolutely spot on there.

I was watching the West Ham game last night and the opening half hour their players were sprinting everywhere, closing down every Man United player and busting a gut to take the game to their opponents. I genuinely don't think I've seen an Everton player do any of that for a long, long time, and that comes down to the absymal management from Martinez.

I agree. Noble plays like a man possessed for them. When we don't have the ball, Barkley stands still looking utterly lost.

He never changed his "philosophy" at wigan the squad wasnt as good i know but bobbys way took them down. Its clear for all to see apart from the man himself that bobbys way is the wrong way and the sooner he goes the better. We have a chance to invest heavily in the squad a chance weve never had an i certainly dont want to let this clown spend it.

But I can still see Gerald breaking the back of the Arsenal net and firing his air machine at us in a corner of the Emirates ;)

I like that memory of him, awwwww, with his little magic gun...

Not so keen of the one's where he's puffed after 60 mins and looks so outta shaped that he'd get tonked by a NAN over a ten yard dash though.

(NAN also carrying shopping)

That said, same point could apply to a few of them eh...

I know, Block :(

But there is a part of me that is still bouncing up and down at OT singing Oviedo Baby and truly believing that tomorrow belonged to us :celebrate:

me too, all most all of us tbf, but that was then and this is now. For me the writings been on the wall since last Jan, after the horror Dec / New Year and QPR

to be fair you cant compare their respective roles, more like barry and noble and barkley/payet.
You could compare him with Lanzini though, and he worked his backside off last night as well.

Ross has taken an "it's not really my job" attitude to closing down and winning the ball back for the last 2 years and beyond. He's usually half arsed in the challenge and doesn't work anywhere near hard enough tracking runners from midfield. I've lost count of the number of times he's just jogging back after someone has sprinted past him.

Would Klopp allow that at the pit? He needs a manager who tells him a few home truths, starting with his workrate and overall fitness.

Glad more and more are coming out of the woodwork to defend our gaffer.

Whilst I still think it's likely he will go, day by day I believe the chances of him staying are bettered.

Question, and a ridiculous one I know, if we could GUARANTEE that next season would be like season one, would you want to keep him?

I know it cannot be guaranteed but humour me...

I agree. Noble plays like a man possessed for them. When we don't have the ball, Barkley stands still looking utterly lost.

the other necessity is to not only chase the opposition down but to do something worthwhile when you get there. We've had too many players that look busy and track back but either dive in too quickly or just put a half hearted tackle in. Mcgeady used to drive me nuts, used to sprint back to cover and then would always get beat with a lame attempt at a tackle.

also 50/50s, the amount we shy out of...for all his flaws and pointing at least phil neville rarely shirked a 50/50.

im optimistic next year we will have the manager and team we've always demanded. over to you moshiri.

Glad more and more are coming out of the woodwork to defend our gaffer.

Whilst I still think it's likely he will go, day by day I believe the chances of him staying are bettered.

Question, and a ridiculous one I know, if we could GUARANTEE that next season would be like season one, would you want to keep him?

I know it cannot be guaranteed but humour me...

Well obviously it'd be better! Sadly he cannot defend and season one was down to Moyes defensive unit still remembering how to do it's job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back