Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also before people jump on it

By mentally impaired I do not mean special needs.

I mean in the sense that they are the type of people who cannot see things that are blatantly apparent just because they are overly attached to the idea.

Such as having a fit bird. Thinking everything is fine when in reality she is using all your money and cheating on you with abar five different fellas.

The type of people who will just believe any type of bs because of who the person is saying it and they Just desperately want it to be true.

Martinez is a politician he lies, and is extremely bad at his job and hides it with his puppy dog eyes and sharp tongue.

There is absolutely no reason to keep him, not one valid reason

If people can't see that by now then that's genuinely worrying.

Question, another.

Would it be fair to say than in all of the seasons he has been manager of Wigan AND Everton, the only time he has had an experienced, quality defence and keeper is in his season 1 with us?

At Wigan, wages and fees meant poorer quality.
At us, season 1 potentially proved his side's can defend. Was it his fault ever since he's had youthful/inexperienced players there? Should he have expected after season to have needed a first choice CB and keeper?

I mean in the sense that they are the type of people who cannot see things that are blatantly apparent just because they are overly attached to the idea.

Such as having a fit bird. Thinking everything is fine when in reality she is using all your money and cheating on you with abar five different fellas.

The type of people who will just believe any type of bs because of who the person is saying it and they Just desperately want it to be true.

Martinez is a politician he lies, and is extremely bad at his job and hides it with his puppy dog eyes and sharp tongue.

Wow.

Question, another.

Would it be fair to say than in all of the seasons he has been manager of Wigan AND Everton, the only time he has had an experienced, quality defence and keeper is in his season 1 with us?

At Wigan, wages and fees meant poorer quality.
At us, season 1 potentially proved his side's can defend. Was it his fault ever since he's had youthful/inexperienced players there? Should he have expected after season to have needed a first choice CB and keeper?

Well he has been given funds to go out and replace them and he has chosen not to.

And he has turned the ones he had inherited into shadows of their former selves. I don't buy into your theory at all.

Wow, disablist and mysoginistic all in one post. Stop digging lad before you say something about "the coloureds"

That isn't a mental impairment at all.
The words you are looking for an overwhelming optimism and confidence in his ideas, a confidence which is misplaced.

Well he has been given funds to go out and replace them and he has chosen not to.

And he has turned the ones he had inherited into shadows of their former selves. I don't buy into your theory at all.
After season one, should he have not bought lukaku and instead predicted the radical demise of Howard and Distin?

Playing that type of football though, would you be happy he stayed with 5th guaranteed?

Promise I'm not being a bell, just seems you've not entirely answered the question.
No-one would want to swap him if we'd have taken the football and league placing of season 1 and replicated (or bettered it)

The problem is, that in the 2 subsequent seasons he hasn't got remotely close to doing so.

There's also no signs whatsoever of an improvement that would suggest that it's even remotely possible next season either.

So season 1 has been rightly assigned to history, and the conclusion drawn that it was the 'perfect storm' for Martinez i.e. taking over a defensively solid unit and adding some more attacking flair, a more progressive approach and a £28m striker.....

What's happened since, is that the solidity has been lost (done to death) and we've become, soft, brittle and easy to beat. As we've been sussed out by the rest of the league. Press us high and we make mistakes and concede the ball, Lukaku becomes isolated and we end up conceding chance after chance, as we don't work hard enough as a unit when not in possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back