Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After season one, should he have not bought lukaku and instead predicted the radical demise of Howard and Distin?

My point is that he has ruined what was a tight defence. They do not deteriorate over one summer. His tactics/training methods have obviously caused the defence to become a non-defence.

Get an actual grip lad.

Don't try to make something out of nothing
Technically it is impairment mate.
Only in the most finite sense of the word.
Clinically it's completely not, in fact you'll find that it is often part of the human condition to ignore what you see in the world that doesn't fit with your world view and focus on what does work within it.

Also before people jump on it

By mentally impaired I do not mean special needs.

I mean in the sense that they are the type of people who cannot see things that are blatantly apparent just because they are overly attached to the idea.

Such as having a fit bird. Thinking everything is fine when in reality she is using all your money and cheating on you with abar five different fellas.

The type of people who will just believe any type of bs because of who the person is saying it and they Just desperately want it to be true.

Martinez is a politician he lies, and is extremely bad at his job and hides it with his puppy dog eyes and sharp tongue.

There is absolutely no reason to keep him, not one valid reason

If people can't see that by now then that's genuinely worrying.

.....stubborn might have been a better description.

Question, another.

Would it be fair to say than in all of the seasons he has been manager of Wigan AND Everton, the only time he has had an experienced, quality defence and keeper is in his season 1 with us?

At Wigan, wages and fees meant poorer quality.
At us, season 1 potentially proved his side's can defend. Was it his fault ever since he's had youthful/inexperienced players there? Should he have expected after season to have needed a first choice CB and keeper?

So in 7 seasons as a PL manager, the only year he had a good defence at his disposal was the year he took over Moyes back 5?

Sort of says it all mate.....

Oh and btw he's had 6 International defenders to pick from this season like.....

Also before people jump on it

By mentally impaired I do not mean special needs.

I mean in the sense that they are the type of people who cannot see things that are blatantly apparent just because they are overly attached to the idea.

Such as having a fit bird. Thinking everything is fine when in reality she is using all your money and cheating on you with abar five different fellas.

The type of people who will just believe any type of bs because of who the person is saying it and they Just desperately want it to be true.

Martinez is a politician he lies, and is extremely bad at his job and hides it with his puppy dog eyes and sharp tongue.

There is absolutely no reason to keep him, not one valid reason

If people can't see that by now then that's genuinely worrying.
That's hardly mental impairment.

Questionable maybe, but not mentally impaired. The fact you felt the need to post this explaination suggests you thought it was a bit out of order after the event.

I am never angry mate, hugs are always boss though

hFx1alk.gif

My point is that he has ruined what was a tight defence. They do not deteriorate over one summer. His tactics/training methods have obviously caused the defence to become a non-defence.
But surely you'd admit that he hasn't had the personnel available to him since season one. Coleman, Baines, Jags all frequently missing, Distin left after professionally dying, Howard the same this season.

Can we only assess his managerial prowess defensively once he has the personnel to warrant a comparison? He has had to bring in Stones, Galloway, Garbutt, Robles, Galloway, Pennington in under two seasons. Far from ideal.

Anyway back on topic.

Its apparent and has been for a while that the man is not cut out for a top end job in management.

He cannot see how flawed his philosophy is and he refuses to change of to a winning tactic.

His style of football isn't a winning one and at be moment we need that sort of manager someone who can mix it up depending on the opposition so that we can beat any kind of team.

I think he has brought it on himself and I never think it was a good idea to keep up this constant praise of players as in every business after a while it just becomes diluted and means nothing.

We have to move on and do better, he will get respect for trying at Norwich and then quickly be forgotten about when we have a better manager in place

That's hardly mental impairment.

Questionable maybe, but not mentally impaired. The fact you felt the need to post this explaination suggests you thought it was a bit out of order after the event.
I don't think it was out of order but I understand the modern thing is to make things out to be more than they are and jump on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back