Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp

Not sure if that's a fair article or just polite.

We all love the philosophy, but we're not Barcelona and this isn't la liga.

Regardless of sentiment or politeness or personality there are two simple questions, is the philosophy working? And is it likely to improve, of which the majority of blues believe the answer to both is 'no'.

Polite and calm, but that's it.

orly has is absolutely spot on there.

I was watching the West Ham game last night and the opening half hour their players were sprinting everywhere, closing down every Man United player and busting a gut to take the game to their opponents. I genuinely don't think I've seen an Everton player do any of that for a long, long time, and that comes down to the absymal management from Martinez.

Can everybody just look at the league table, look at the number of games won and who they were against, look at the effort put in by the players recently, especially at the pit and Leicester, look at the number of games won in the last 2 years, look at the team and the lack of organisation which is appalling for a premier league side, listen to his utter piffle that regularly gets spouted and blame laid everywhere apart from himself ever......if you still want to make a case for Martinez after that then you deserve to be a fan of a very poorly run football team.

Think sacking him with only the Norwich game left would be humiliating for Martinez, and he doesn't deserve that.

Totally the opposite for me, announce he is leaving by mutual consent on friday then he gets a warmish send off on sunday with best wishes. If there is no announcement sunday is going to be absolutely horrible to him and the team both during and after the game.

He won't do mate.

No one with Everton's best interests at heart would want us to continue with Martinez. He's given up himself. If he felt he had a chance to manage us next season, he'd be trying new things out - rather than persisting with rubbish like Cleverley week in week out.

Absolutely no sympathy for the man whatsoever, and I genuinely don't think the Board have any either. People saying "put him out of his misery" - what, and give him a pay off he doesn't deserve?

He's had a chance to manage Everton- the pinnacle for the vast majority - and he's failed massively. He's left behind a disillusioned fanbase, a set of players devoid of form and fitness, and a club with now no real discernable playing style. We've become a homogenised mess of a club under him - No style, no direction, a fanbase sending planes over the ground ffs, and with players who have zero pride in the club. Not one of them could you say "yes, he represents Everton and its values", they just wander around half arsed and defeated.

Oh, and a £13.5m striker who, barring a miracle turnaround, seems to struggle to do the basics. People want us to be sympathetic towards Naisse but I challenge anyone to watch his pre-match warm up as he strolls about to think there is a player determined to turn it round.

Agree on everything bar Niasse.

He's a new player brought in to the team. He has come under criticism through literally no fault of his own...

He got criticised when the manager didn't play him.

He put in a decent display against Bournemouth and played no better/worse than any of the others against Leicester.

You say 'he should be thinking about turning it around', but from the player's P.O.V, he's had two starts and then a combined 19 minutes over three sub appearances... He hasn't really had chance to turn anything around yet.

Jury's very much out on him yes but I think he could be a decent player for us still. It's really too early to tell just based on two starts...

He won't do mate.

No one with Everton's best interests at heart would want us to continue with Martinez. He's given up himself. If he felt he had a chance to manage us next season, he'd be trying new things out - rather than persisting with rubbish like Cleverley week in week out.

Absolutely no sympathy for the man whatsoever, and I genuinely don't think the Board have any either. People saying "put him out of his misery" - what, and give him a pay off he doesn't deserve?

He's had a chance to manage Everton- the pinnacle for the vast majority - and he's failed massively. He's left behind a disillusioned fanbase, a set of players devoid of form and fitness, and a club with now no real discernable playing style. We've become a homogenised mess of a club under him - No style, no direction, a fanbase sending planes over the ground ffs, and with players who have zero pride in the club. Not one of them could you say "yes, he represents Everton and its values", they just wander around half arsed and defeated.

Oh, and a £13.5m striker who, barring a miracle turnaround, seems to struggle to do the basics. People want us to be sympathetic towards Naisse but I challenge anyone to watch his pre-match warm up as he strolls about to think there is a player determined to turn it round.
10/10 for that.;)

Can everybody just look at the league table, look at the number of games won and who they were against, look at the effort put in by the players recently, especially at the pit and Leicester, look at the number of games won in the last 2 years, look at the team and the lack of organisation which is appalling for a premier league side, listen to his utter piffle that regularly gets spouted and blame laid everywhere apart from himself ever......if you still want to make a case for Martinez after that then you deserve to be a fan of a very poorly run football team.

Can you at least thank him and wish him well please mate?

Totally the opposite for me, announce he is leaving by mutual consent on friday then he gets a warmish send off on sunday with best wishes. If there is no announcement sunday is going to be absolutely horrible to him and the team both during and after the game.

I agree.

People not knowing could lead to a lot of frustration on Sunday.

As somebody said recently though on here, Evertonian's can't even muster a song at home half the time, lord knows where the oomph to put in a vocal show of distain will come from.

I have to say that is one of the most deluded articles I have ever read.

Talks about the Christmas period being the downfall - aren't we on a current run of one win in 9 in the league, at that's at home to Bournemouth? Must be a seriously long Christmas this. Advent calendar went in the bin ages ago.

Mitigating circumstances for late defeats? Stoke? Leicester? West Ham? Not mitigating circumstances mate, a common factor - a poorly setup side.

Agree with Carlito above - football last two years has been decent in patches, in the midst of hopeless unstructured rubbish for the rest of the time. Hey lads, at least we humiliated Sunderland and Villa at home though.

He talks about us being great in possession. Who, Coleman? McCarthy? Snivelley? Funes Mori? Jagileka? None of whom are exactly great with the ball in tight spaces on the pitch.

Talks about replacing Howard. Yeah, only a year too late.

I take it we'll just completely ignore that, with our failings laid bare for all to see last summer, he spent £9.5m on an unproven centre half and £13.5m on a player, generously, not ready for half a season .

There is no case for keeping Martinez on.

There hasn't been a case for longer than there was a case for keeping him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back