Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a sense, you can understand the board not announcing the sacking. Just look at what it's caused at man city. I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez knew of his future months ago, but the board have made the decision not to announce it til the end of the season so it didn't effect the semi final.

God knows what they've being playing at since then though.
Not announcing it has done us the world of good.....

But it's Lukaku who cost multiple players worth and he has generated probably 30mil profit. That's fantastic management.

McCarthy will regain form, I have faith.

Didn't Kone cost 5mil? Same with FM strictly.

So he stockpiled for McCarthy, Lukaku and Niasse really?

2/3 isn't bad at all.

Stop naming players and quoting figures, and just watch us play a game of football. Then get back to me and try and make a case for him

Not announcing it has done us the world of good.....
It is going to go down as a stupid Board decision (probably to honour an agreement about Martinez with Bill) that has cost us a decent shot at silverware for the first time in 21 years (as well as cost us a derby thrashing). Had we negotiated a settlement with Bobby and replaced him with an interim management team in April in the runup to the Cup Semi, I have little doubt that we would have got a bounce in the players' performance that we saw (eventually) in the second half of the Semi and the momentum in the runup that would have carried us to the Final.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but massive Management egos (and probably saving a few bob in compo) have cost us (relative) success in the past few months.

Let's hope we lose tonight and Roberto gets spared the last game of the season.. I will feel sorry for the man if he has to do a lap of appreciation.

And there we all were a couple of weeks ago saying how classy a club Everton were for not announcing RM's sacking at the same time as the outcome of the Hillsborough inquest.

Only in the most finite sense of the word.
Clinically it's completely not, in fact you'll find that it is often part of the human condition to ignore what you see in the world that doesn't fit with your world view and focus on what does work within it.
Confirmation bias basically then, but in all honesty, I can't really think of anything that Martinez could be seeing that would confirm to him that his views are correct / working

Confirmation bias basically then, but in all honesty, I can't really think of anything that Martinez could be seeing that would confirm to him that his views are correct / working
We won the possession against Leicester I think, if he subscribes to the Alternative Premier League (Copyright RAWK) then that means we are PL champions this year.

We won the possession against Leicester I think, if he subscribes to the Alternative Premier League (Copyright RAWK) then that means we are PL champions this year.
Since Leicester's whole strategy is sitting back with a great defence and hitting on the break, think that 14-18 teams would be winning the Alternative Premier League trophy at that point

It is going to go down as a stupid Board decision (probably to honour an agreement about Martinez with Bill) that has cost us a decent shot at silverware for the first time in 21 years (as well as cost us a derby thrashing). Had we negotiated a settlement with Bobby and replaced him with an interim management team in April in the runup to the Cup Semi, I have little doubt that we would have got a bounce in the players' performance that we saw (eventually) in the second half of the Semi and the momentum in the runup that would have carried us to the Final.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but massive Management egos (and probably saving a few bob in compo) have cost us (relative) success in the past few months.

its not even hindsight though, most fans knew what way it would go. only the board couldnt or didnt want to see it. another thing for the legacy of the worst board/chairman in the history of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back