Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop playing the victim. Of course Martinez gets credit for the squad he's built, including Lukaku. The better the squad the higher the expectation. He's done brilliantly in the market in the Main and also well to keep the squad together. That's why these results hurt and league position distresses. We should be much higher. That's a fact.

We should be higher with this squad, that can't be argued, I'm hardly playing the victim though when there are some lads, who, when we win, it wasn't because of Martinez, when we lose, it was because of Martinez.

Spot on, the media are doing us absolutely no favours, and how they can advocate the sacking of Rogers in 7th whilst defending Martinez in 12th tells you all you need to know about how biased and useless 'pundits' are.
I predict that it eventually comes down to our supposed stature, position in the media hierarchy and their own personal expectations of us.

Liverpool are expected to succeed and therefore regardless of the actual calibre of their squad, lack of success is not deemed acceptable.

Stories regarding the likes of Liverpool and Manure are the bread and butter of football reporting, as they offer the most views and thus revenue.

With Everton on the other hand, I expect that personally they believe mid table is an appropriate position regardless of the calibre of our squad.

But you are right - they're certainly not helping the situation as regardless of how bad our form has been it's almost simply ignored or dismissed.

The football may seem more enthralling for the neutral, but that ignores the fact that for home fans this season simply hasn't been very good.

the players are nervous at Goodson God help us at wembley.

Depends.

That was the first time this season where a side simply beat Everton at their own game, worryingly better than them at their own style (and coming off the back of two defeats that week!)

If we get United in the semi we will win - everything will go slowly through their midfield and we can beat them at it.

West Ham is a bigger worry. Judas Ratfeatures Bilic only took 80 minutes to work out what everyone else who has beaten us this year has done - get it wide and cross it in and watch us implode, we won't track our runners and we can't head it from central areas. West Ham have the players to do this and Wembley is wide enough to facilitate this.

Plus, we are away. The results are hardly stellar - five wins, two of them vs Newcastle and Villa - but we do play better football away from home. Well, more structured anyway.

Yesterday morning I was convinced he'd still be here next season, but it sounds like the knives are being sharpened.
Martinez almost looked like a crestfallen, broken man yesterday in his post-match interview. Apart from heralding Barry there was no excuses.

Maybe even Bobby is beginning to realise that unless something dramatic changes (and quickly), he'll be inevitably be judged by our poor run.

You wrote words attacking our fans. I wrote back, you can't give a straight answer with regards to improvement, when I did re: worsening performance. Lets leave it at that.
Okay well this is when it becomes cult like. I said what I felt about how 'some fans' were presenting their argument. So I may be criticising you, no idea, but don't pretend you're on a crusade for 'the fans'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back