Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean Saunders just called Martinez a great manager who just needs the money to spend to bring in the players he wants.....Good Lord, pundits don't half talk some crap....

That's been the big difference this season, the media have no problem with Everton underachieving, so no pressure has been put on Martinez.....yet Rodgers was hounded out by the media at Liverpool, Moyes was hounded out by the media at United (just like LVG is now)....and all these same pundits & journalists still constantly support Martinez, and criticize Everton fans for their negative reaction to performances....

Spot on, the media are doing us absolutely no favours, and how they can advocate the sacking of Rogers in 7th whilst defending Martinez in 12th tells you all you need to know about how biased and useless 'pundits' are.

No belief in this manager anymore. His tactics are so poor. I d love to be managing a team to play against him. He has the 2 full backs up so high on the pitch. It leave the center 2 so exposed. He did same at Wigan.

So 2 nil up v west ham with 10 men he brings on another front man. 2 nil down yesterday he failed to bring him on with subs to spare. Can anyone tell me what tactic manual he is reading from. He is deluded.

Now what's going to happen is what alot of thought from last year is going to happen
Listen to Lukaku's interview yesterday. He was saying what fans have been saying for years. We can't defend and need to understand how to see off a game. The outcome of this is what alot of us saw last year. This collection of good players have lost faith in their manager. The fans have lost faith. The slow style of football does not suit goodison and it's fans. The players will look for transfers. Manager will be sacked. We start over. A clear as a crystal 12 months ago this was gonna happen.

Dean Saunders just called Martinez a great manager who just needs the money to spend to bring in the players he wants.....Good Lord, pundits don't half talk some crap....

That's been the big difference this season, the media have no problem with Everton underachieving, so no pressure has been put on Martinez.....yet Rodgers was hounded out by the media at Liverpool, Moyes was hounded out by the media at United (just like LVG is now)....and all these same pundits & journalists still constantly support Martinez, and criticize Everton fans for their negative reaction to performances....
Some do, some don't. I've heard the concerns many fans have repeated by a large number of pundits who then add that they also think the atmosphere at home is creating nerves.
Even if you believe he's not good enough doesn't mean there can be nothing else needs changing apart from that.

No belief in this manager anymore. His tactics are so poor. I d love to be managing a team to play against him. He has the 2 full backs up so high on the pitch. It leave the center 2 so exposed. He did same at Wigan.

So 2 nil up v west ham with 10 men he brings on another front man. 2 nil down yesterday he failed to bring him on with subs to spare. Can anyone tell me what tactic manual he is reading from. He is deluded.
Seem to remember our full backs were our main attacking outlet under Moyes.

You're just writing words now and not reading so let's leave it at that

No, he's got a point.

You chastised someone for not providing evidence earlier, and he has asked you to show how we have improved. You've dodged it.

You can leave it wherever you like.

You're just writing words now and not reading so let's leave it at that
You wrote words attacking our fans. I wrote back, you can't give a straight answer with regards to improvement, when I did re: worsening performance. Lets leave it at that.

That post match interview yesterday was very telling. He blames the players for playing in a style he has imposed on them. Both goals came from our defence being on the half way line, its the same old same old. If I were a player and heard that guff from him I would be fuming
Management wise he is a one trip pony, we have seen it the last two seasons. I hope Moshiri acts quickly giving a new man time to settle in

Seem to remember our full backs were our main attacking outlet under Moyes.

Having overlapped from a deep defensive position, rather than essentially staying up in the wing position as some sort of secondment.

Big difference.

That post match interview yesterday was very telling. He blames the players for playing in a style he has imposed on them. Both goals came from our defence being on the half way line, its the same old same old. If I were a player and heard that guff from him I would be fuming
Management wise he is a one trip pony, we have seen it the last two seasons. I hope Moshiri acts quickly giving a new man time to settle in
what destination mate?

I think that is unfair, he gets a huge amount of credit from both sides of the debate for doing that.

There are a lot of good lads on here who want Martinez out, who give a good reasonable argument, and do give him credit, then there are the lads who, when we win, say it wasn't because of Martinez, then when we lose, it was because of Martinez, that's hardly giving him credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back